Sable Clemence COLOR?

OMG!!! This is so funny - I saw the Kelly in question last night and was going to post the same thread - I needed help with the color!

Gga, your massai is gorgeous!!!:heart: But in your pics it looks like sable is closer to gold in color than yellow. Is that the case?

No, nor is sable like the pic of the birkin posted. It is a light sand color on the clemence massai that I owned.

No, nor is sable like the pic of the birkin posted. It is a light sand color on the clemence massai that I owned.

It's a difficult color to photograph because it seems to change pretty dramatically in different lights. This is probably why I'm so endlessly enchanted with it. I would agree with H'bird in describing it as a light sand, and I would also agree with the description of the color as a milky yellow. When I first saw it, my thought was that the color almost approaches a British racing tan color?

Anyway, I think the way the color changes frequently keeps the bag interesting to me. For anyone that likes yellow/tan/warm colors, sable clemence is an endlessly interesting color/texture combo. I would highly recommend it.

Thanks for the compliment, H_addict! Much appreciated!:flowers:

ETA: Somewhere on this forum I've posted pics of sable with a pastel/sherbet colored ACC scarf and a turquoise karo. It looks like a bright, pastel yellow with those accessories. Darker scarves tend to make the color look darker. It's really fun to play with, but you have to like yellow!

Hi there,

I'm currently contemplating bidding on a sable clemence kelly on eBay. But I'm really not sure about this color. Can anyone please post pics if you own either a birkin or kelly in this color? Or perhaps explain in words what this color is?

After looking at the seller's pictures and checking the color against our own TPF forum color chart, there's a huge difference. So if anyone can help me out here, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thank you!
I have had my eve on that as well....though am leaning towards a no. The yellow throws me off for my coloring...though the bag is gorgeous. Good Luck!

Thank you all so much for your wonderful inputs. Now I have a better idea what color it is. Since I've just purchased a birkin this month, I really would like to wait until next year for my next purchase. Unless of course, my SA calls and let me know he has located a black togo kelly for me. Then that's a whole other story.

Happy thanksgiving to you all!

I have had my eve on that as well....though am leaning towards a no. The yellow throws me off for my coloring...though the bag is gorgeous. Good Luck!

I was reading all your description about sable and looking around the net at pics. I do think it leans towards yellow. This could be hard to wear unless your coloring is just right. Gold is a much easier option and 99% of all people can wear it. Frankly, I am also wondering more than a little about the price. Too good to be true...

Does anyone know if Sable is currently available in clemence? I have never seen this shade before and think it's stunning. Though its definitely not a neutral but a true pale banana yellow .

Does anyone know if Sable is currently available in clemence? I have never seen this shade before and think it's stunning. Though its definitely not a neutral but a true pale banana yellow .

to my knowledge its only ever been available in clemence...........defintely a banana color. The first birkin I ever bought was in sable-from a reseller. The pictures made it look creamier (more like parchemin) and I absolutely hated it. Returned it the next day.

I was reading all your description about sable and looking around the net at pics. I do think it leans towards yellow. This could be hard to wear unless your coloring is just right. Gold is a much easier option and 99% of all people can wear it. Frankly, I am also wondering more than a little about the price. Too good to be true...
Too good to be true... which bag? There are 2 Sable Kellys on eBay. One is beat up and one is like new.