SA with incorrect info?

cc1013

O.G.
Nov 9, 2007
Hi all,

On Sunday, I went to Macy's and purchased the Bleecker Leather Duffle in ink blue using the F&F discount. I couldn't take it home with me then because the discount officially starts today, but I can go and pick it tonight! :yahoo:

Well, yesterday I was near a Coach store and needed to get a keychain as a gift. Of course, I stopped by the duffles to check out my new purchase a little bit more. Initially I was unsure about the color and wanted to look at the wine version (Macy's didn't have wine on Sunday). Good news, I LOVE the ink blue color (they had it in the larger duffle) and am very happy with my selection.

The SA saw me admiring the bags and asked if I wanted to make a holiday list or purchase. They only had the ink blue duffle in the larger bag. I mentioned that I liked the smaller one and he said Coach never made the regular sized bleecker duffle in ink blue. Huh? I looked at him and mentioned that I saw it at Macy's and he said I must be mistaken. Well, it's on coach.com too! :shrugs:

Just that that was strange!

Good point on new/seasonal employees! I hadn't thought of that!

I can't wait to get my bag today! I love crossbody bags and am so happy that coach has this one. The swingpacks are just too small for me.

Candace, the brown signature will be gorgeous!

:tup:

Huh? I looked at him and mentioned that I saw it at Macy's and he said I must be mistaken.

I think it's really funny that it must be you that's mistaken and not him! I ordered the medium in ink blue from Nordstroms before I ended up with my magenta duffle. It's a fantastic color! I couldn't keep both though so kept the magenta! Congrats on your new bag!

Well, in his defense, the larger size has been in all the stores. I haven't seen the smaller size in any of the stores and Coach really hasn't pushed the smaller size much. Its easy to know about the bags that are in the store but there are so many other bags available that it is hard to keep up with them.

Of course he shouldn't have said you were wrong or assumed he knew everything!

Its easy to know about the bags that are in the store but there are so many other bags available that it is hard to keep up with

true, but it is important to know the sizes of bags in the collections, especially the new collections. if i know that the duffles come in ink without looking, a trained employee should know that, seasonal or not.

AND he should have checked before he assumed she was wrong.

Just picked up my bag from Macy's. Love it! The Coach section was CRAZY being it's the first day of F&F! There must have been 10 employees in the Coach area when generally there is only 1. All of them were busy too!

Oh, I know that the SA should never have assumed he knew everything! I have to say that if it wasn't for the forum here I wouldn't know half of the stuff I do about Coach! I inform my managers about stuff they had no idea about. I really do understand your frustration. I can't figure out why everyone else there doesn't obsess about bags like I do. :roflmfao::roflmfao:

Just picked up my bag from Macy's. Love it! The Coach section was CRAZY being it's the first day of F&F! There must have been 10 employees in the Coach area when generally there is only 1. All of them were busy too!

Congrats on your bag! I'm glad that you are happy with your decision. It's truly a beautiful bag. :tup: