SA said the birkin is reserved !!!

Yesterday I went to H store in Toulouse and saw birkin on the shelves and no sign of reserved or display only. It has the price also but when i said i want to buy it, sa said it is reseved even i already bought couple of things. when i ask for HAC same sa said already reserved also but another SA Said if i like it I can buy but I dont like the colour.

i don't understand why another SA said i can buy hac even it is reserved but the first SA said no even for Hac.

Games people play. Since you don't like the color, tis neither here nor there EXCEPT imho, it is telling about the first SA. With that I'll stop as we each have our own way of follow through then things seem out of kilter.

This happened to me in London. I was told a Birkin was not for sale (even though it was obviously on display) by one SA, and then another SA later told me I could buy it if I wanted to.

I chalk down to the games the SAs play. It could be that the first SA did not want you buying the Birkin because it doesn't add anything to his commission/sales target. Some of them just play hard to get. I would just go with the second SA, and let him/her earn whatever commission from you from now on.

Is this your home H? If so, I agree with jmen....."we each have our own way of follow through (w)hen things seem out of kilter."

If not, ask for the Mgr (you have nothing to lose)....SAs should not be telling anyone that something on the shelf is not for retail sale.....otherwise, it should not be on the shelf....the fact that they are not getting a commission on Bs should never come into play--seriously, just because you buy a B or K today doesn't mean you won't buy scarves, clothing, shoes or jewelry tomorrow--it's a part of the H lifestyle (orange slippery slope)....what's most outrageous here is that an SA (in France!) does not know this....this treatment is bad in any H store, but even more so in France where presumably H employees should be cognizant of H's global reach (and that they represent the face of H) and therefore should be treating the sale of H goods almost as a national product.....

Hi, this has happened to me before. I was in the boutique (with my orange birkin) and asked if they had any. They said no, and afterwards other customers asked about them and again they said no. My DH came in and since there were no Birkins, he got me a gift card for one instead (anniversary gift). So, the SA asked me what I needed and I told her I really want my second Birkin. She told me to go to the back and wait for her and she would see what she can do. She came back with a 35 togo in chocolate. Wow, when I didn't have the gift card, there were no Bags but when she saw the card, suddenly one magically appeared. Come on, what's up with this sales tactic? I love Hermes but they need to revamp customer service big time.

Jmen-You're right

pyrexia-This was my first time to see birkin on shelf, I've read many threads that if I saw birkin on shelf I can grab it definitely.

spit_fire69-I don't know I have yo ask for manager but 2 SAs both they said they can't sell birkin, it's reserved for their customers even it's displayed on the shelf.

good life-I think what we can do is play the game what they want us to play !!!!

I went to another city and 2 kellys on the shelf again, this time I bought ring first then the belt and 2 bracelets and the lovely SA <I forgot to ask her name> offered me first kelly, So flash kelly and then she ask me whether I want another one also. I said yes, suddenly the cashier maybe she is manager told my Sa,if I want another kelly I have to buy more product :rant: then I decided to go for one more bracelet, she still said no and ask me to buy wallet only, they had constant wallet which comes in swift I think,I don't like the leather, and Azap with silk inside, and Bearn orange...that's all that they had yesterday no more colour. if I don't buy wallet I can't buy more kelly.So I came back with Bearn which I don't want it at all ????

Geez "Louise" (insert your own omg) -- I'm appalled and would have failed miserably at zipping my lips. Sometimes you just got to fight fire with a heat seeking missile.

I fear the root of this behavior is the commission structure. If it is true that each SA gets a commission on the smaller items but has to share commission with all SAs on handbags, this could certainly fosters such rude behavior. So SAs (not all I hope) would rather cheese off a customer and get nothing than to have a happy, loyal client. Return the Bearn, get a store credit, use it when they have something you want. Then shop at another H.

I feel sorry and disappointed for you too....
I am goin Europe soon, i think they will treat me the same, worst i have no birkin/kelly to carry on hand walking into the shop.
:cry::cry::cry:

In the 90's when I couldn't get one, a lady told me to go an H in a small fishing village in France where all the women already have one and they have extras on the shelves? Really? Yes, so true, but in my case it was Switzerland. I know not to even ask in Geneva (lots of diplomats), Lausanne (olympic headquarters) or Zurich (wealthy locals and foreigners with big bank accounts). There's never a birkin or kelly in sight, all saved in the back for good clients. My go to Hermes is in Basel. It's not a very touristy town except for the Basel tennis open (I'm sure Mirca Federer has hers already). Everytime I'm there, there's always at least 1 birkin on the shelf (last Oct. there was an Etoupe and an olive green). They've even asked if I would like to special order which they put in twice a year. They're very nice. Don't give up hope, keep trying, you might just find that special H in a fishing village with plenty of bags in stock. Good luck.