SA Love? lol.

Hey Noriko! I must add that ALL men (who are straight I should say) all have a "little Lolita" complex-it's the midlife crisis fantasy of pursuing (or being pursued by) a cute and sexy young woman (remember Kevin Spacey in American Beauty?). So give it your best shot and feel him out the next time you see him-if he does give you signs that he is interested, coyly ask him to join you for some coffee or something-be natural and be you, no scripts! Let us know what happens-you go girl!

Megs said:
Wrap yourself up with a big bow and wear something sexy... JK :P

I'd so do it if I wouldn't scare him away, I'm a fat ass:shame: :Push:

I'll probably work up the courage to go talk to him again, and if all goes well invite him to coffee or dinner etc. I am still soooooo smitten:love: :love: :love:

btw, I need gift ideas, would an Hermes tie or cufflinks or something be alright? I am going nuts thinking about this:idea:

You give your SAs gifts for Xmas? :nuts: Noriko, you are so cool!!! That's something we all should think about too. They'll definitely remember us this way... :P

As long as he doesn't sell Hermes, that's a good way to go. You might want to ask (someone else) what the store policy is on wearing stuff they don't sell. When I worked at Tiffany & Co., SAs weren't allowed to wear branded stuff that wasn't TCO. If that's the case with your SA, it gives you an instant reason to invite him out -- so you can see the cufflinks!

IRISSY -- Personally, now that Noriko brought it up, I think I'm going the Xmas card route with my SA. That's about all I think I can swing now that wouldn't be insulting!

I sooo don't want to be a bubble burster but as a parent of children older than you and as a woman I think that if he's: 1) straight - 2)around 50 years old) - 3) attractive - then he's probably married or involved. Please be careful and remember crushes are great fun even if they stay crushes.

Issmom said:
As long as he doesn't sell Hermes, that's a good way to go. You might want to ask (someone else) what the store policy is on wearing stuff they don't sell. When I worked at Tiffany & Co., SAs weren't allowed to wear branded stuff that wasn't TCO. If that's the case with your SA, it gives you an instant reason to invite him out -- so you can see the cufflinks!

IRISSY -- Personally, now that Noriko brought it up, I think I'm going the Xmas card route with my SA. That's about all I think I can swing now that wouldn't be insulting!

hehe, he can wear other brands, he told me that when hes feeling like a rebel he wears his LV watch to work:lol: I thought cufflinks would be cool because I could see if he would wear them @ work. I'm shopping ALL the damn time, so I'd be bound to see them sometime if he wore them:love:

SuzyZ,

I'm trying to find out if hes involved, its just taking some time. I don't want to seem too forward:nuts: I am seriously crossing my fingers:love: :love: :love:

Noriko said:
hehe, he can wear other brands, he told me that when hes feeling like a rebel he wears his LV watch to work:lol: I thought cufflinks would be cool because I could see if he would wear them @ work. I'm shopping ALL the damn time, so I'd be bound to see them sometime if he wore them:love:

SuzyZ,

I'm trying to find out if hes involved, its just taking some time. I don't want to seem too forward:nuts: I am seriously crossing my fingers:love: :love: :love:
Noriko, please let us know how this works out, I wish you the best and rooting for you!!:love:

Update?!? Not to be nosey... But did you do anything?

I've always gone with the theory that it's better to try and have an answer, even if it's a no. Better than always wondering "what if?" Hope things worked out well--if not, keep your eyes open for the next "fish" :smile:

:lol: Funny you revive this thread today. I saw him again today for the first time in around a month. He was happy to see me and we shared this nice moment where he held my hand and admired my ring for a while lol. Thats about it though.

I'm too much of a chicken to do anything about it:shame: :sad: I need to man up! Seriously, all good things are worth the risk right?:nuts:

Absolutely! Even if you don't get the guy--at least you'll know. And you always learn from the experience. Plus I think even if you get shot down, it helps you "move on" to a new crush--you know?

Totally know what you mean :biggrin: I should just go balls out and invite him to dinner or something. We're both in the jewelry business :lol: worse comes to worse we could talk shop all night.

I say go for it!!! Sometimes you just need to see what happens. If you want to make it more low-key, you could always ask him to get coffee/tea/drink BEFORE a meal time. That way if things are going good, you can suggest getting a bite to eat...

Yeah, that might be an easier step to take than just going all out with dinner :biggrin: Thanks for all the advice! It would be nice to have a man around again...even if they can be HELL!

It's so funny- I just read this thread yesterday and was totally wondering how it went too.
Noriko, I think you should go for it! I've been in similar situations and always kick myself after for not being more proactive... There's a guy at school I've kinda been wking up the nerve to ask out too. Can you hear me cheering you on? :amuse: