SA etiquette

tinyturtle

O.G.
Dec 5, 2010
what would you do if you feel like your SA is not the right match for you?

last month, i purchased 4 Chanel bags from a Bloomies SA. i just met her while I was visiting the store and she seemed very nice at the time. She made me feel welcome even though I was under-dressed (t-shirt, jeans, and even wearing crocs!). aside from that, i had my 18 month old with me and she was super sticky w/ some snack i had given her.

usually, a hot mess like that gets me a dismissed message from SA's. but this one was particularly nice and accommodating. perhaps it helped that i was holding onto a large Hermes shopping bag b/c i had just made a purchase there. either way, i gave the Chanel SA my business.

fast foward 2 months from the large purchase. the SA ignores my emails and text messages. i went to the store to purchase some earrings from my daughter, and the SA seemed a bit aloof. i know she tried to be nice to my daughter, but it just felt contrived and insincere. thus, my gut tells me that this SA and i are not a good match for one another.

what is proper etiquette in this chase? do i continue to work with her or just switch? it's such an uncomfortable position for me.

Wow, how strange of her to treat a great customer like you in such a distasteful way!

I would most definitely switch SAs and not think twice about it. I think it's awful that she ignored your inquiries & to top it off, made you feel uncomfortable and unwelcome in the store. She doesn't deserve your business. I know it's not the most comfortable thing to switch, but she's not giving you the customer service you deserve! You're a customer and you inquired about items in the store, you then went in the store, and again, she gave you poor customer service. She's not doing her job well, so I would think it's best to move on to someone who will do their job right and make your shopping experience pleasant. Do you feel comfortable maybe talking to her about it? I had an SA ignore me repeatedly, didn't inform me when my wait listed item came in (I had to learn about it on TPF), so I finally then text him and said very politely that I felt he was being very unprofessional & why I felt that way. He immediately apologized, b/c he knew he was in the wrong, and he's been really helpful/responsive ever since. My situation was easier b/c I communicate w this SA only through text/emails and such, so I get that it's harder in person. But you definitely deserve better!

Sorry you were treated like that, that's not fair to you at all! Mind sharing what was in the big orange shopping bag! :graucho:

I am with Bentley.

I'd make the switch and buy from another SA! You can let him/her know and see if that helps.

If not, I'd probably make the switch!

I would switch. If the SA is not being attentive, find one that will be. I remember when I was looking for a certain WOC and I felt like I was being forgotten by my SA. I went in on a day when he wasn't there and spoke to another SA about it. Bam! Got a call the next day. When I went to pick it up, my original SA was there. I greeted him kindly and proceeded to ask for my new SA. I didn't even feel that a conversation about my switching was necessary. If anybody whether it be SA, spouse, friend etc. isn't treating me appropriately, I'm moving on! You have definitely shown that you are a good customer, I say find someone who treats you as such.

You do not owe her any kind of explanation. Simply switch, if you feel you should confront the situation then by all means do, I usually prefer not to confront people in such situations unless i have no other choice or confronted. There is no personal relationship especially with just one transaction, its all business. I would imagine that anybody that brought good business would be remembered and followed up with, but maybe she bumped her head and suffers memory loss since your first transaction *shrug*.

I know one SA in KOP- NM Chanel that suffers from severe mood swings, one day she is nice and aloof the next. I just run to my faithful SA and wouldn't buy from anyone else unless i absolutely have to. I knew her schedule by heart. Lol

Since I've been there done that, I can very much relate and will just echo what others have said. You're the one spending the money, and if your SA is not responsive or helpful, find another one (or many) that will be.

OP, this is your money you are spending.

You don't have to justify or explain to anyone who you shop with & why

This particular SA doesn't measure up for you, there are plenty of others who
would welcome & appreciate your business.

it was a birkin that i picked up from the spa :smile:

i'm gonna go ahead and work w/ a different SA from now on. thanks for your input ladies!

Wow, how strange of her to treat a great customer like you in such a distasteful way!

I would most definitely switch SAs and not think twice about it. I think it's awful that she ignored your inquiries & to top it off, made you feel uncomfortable and unwelcome in the store. She doesn't deserve your business. I know it's not the most comfortable thing to switch, but she's not giving you the customer service you deserve! You're a customer and you inquired about items in the store, you then went in the store, and again, she gave you poor customer service. She's not doing her job well, so I would think it's best to move on to someone who will do their job right and make your shopping experience pleasant. Do you feel comfortable maybe talking to her about it? I had an SA ignore me repeatedly, didn't inform me when my wait listed item came in (I had to learn about it on TPF), so I finally then text him and said very politely that I felt he was being very unprofessional & why I felt that way. He immediately apologized, b/c he knew he was in the wrong, and he's been really helpful/responsive ever since. My situation was easier b/c I communicate w this SA only through text/emails and such, so I get that it's harder in person. But you definitely deserve better!

Sorry you were treated like that, that's not fair to you at all! Mind sharing what was in the big orange shopping bag! :graucho:

Switch SA!!

I recently "let go" of my long time sweet SA because she is now working P/T and couldn't give me the "attention" when I really needed.... for example searching for a particular color and put me on the waiting list etc....

It was a very tough decision, but I finally came to a realization that getting what I deserved and my choice of Chanel handbags are far important than just giving her all my business for less service or less desired handbags choices.

last month, i purchased 4 Chanel bags from a Bloomies SA. i just met her while I was visiting the store and she seemed very nice at the time. She made me feel welcome even though I was under-dressed (t-shirt, jeans, and even wearing crocs!). aside from that, i had my 18 month old with me and she was super sticky w/ some snack i had given her.

usually, a hot mess like that gets me a dismissed message from SA's. but this one was particularly nice and accommodating. perhaps it helped that i was holding onto a large Hermes shopping bag b/c i had just made a purchase there. either way, i gave the Chanel SA my business.

fast foward 2 months from the large purchase. the SA ignores my emails and text messages. i went to the store to purchase some earrings from my daughter, and the SA seemed a bit aloof. i know she tried to be nice to my daughter, but it just felt contrived and insincere. thus, my gut tells me that this SA and i are not a good match for one another.

what is proper etiquette in this chase? do i continue to work with her or just switch? it's such an uncomfortable position for me.

Move on, this brand is about the total experience and you are not receiving it.

I've been there a few times. I thought I was going be loyal to SA who sold me my first Chanel but when I saw problem on the bag she backed out and didn't help. Now I have an AMAZING SA in Boca, who really is great we talk about everything. I feel like I have made a friend. I encountered a SA at Bloomies in New York I just had made a huge purchase and asked if he could write the style number of a bag for me. He refused, so I returned everything and took my money to saks.