SA Etiquette: What to do if your friend's SA (not your regular SA) offers you a bag?

Here's something I found out about a week ago when I was buying a scarf at SF and it was my SA's day off. When I went in the next time to look around and he was there, I mentioned to him that I had bought a scarf and bracelet with a different SA because he wasn't there and all of a sudden an Asian SA (who must have overheard us) piped up and said, "Don't worry Jose, the sale went under your number". And that was that.

I wonder if that's how it works with leather goods too? I know I've been in before when Jose was off and I was shown bags by a young woman named LInda. If I bought one of those bags from her I wonder if the credit for the sale would have gone to Jose????

Hello, so I am that friend who got the 35 Fjord Birkin. My SA is Linda, who is very very very nice. I got the call from her on Friday and at first I didn't think I could go in until Tuesday. I told her that and she said she would hold the bag for me but that is her day off and therefore she wouldn't be there to show it. I asked her if that's okay or if I should go back another day when she is working. And she said not to worry about it and to go in on Tuesday. I wonder if that means the commission is not for the individual SA or that it will go under her name anyways because she is the one holding it.
Also, I compared my receipts from previous purchases from her and the agent number is different for my Birkin. I wonder what that means?
By the way the Fjord Birkin is very very beautiful and I like the leather very much.

shopmom411 said:
Here's something I found out about a week ago when I was buying a scarf at SF and it was my SA's day off. When I went in the next time to look around and he was there, I mentioned to him that I had bought a scarf and bracelet with a different SA because he wasn't there and all of a sudden an Asian SA (who must have overheard us) piped up and said, "Don't worry Jose, the sale went under your number". And that was that.

I wonder if that's how it works with leather goods too? I know I've been in before when Jose was off and I was shown bags by a young woman named LInda. If I bought one of those bags from her I wonder if the credit for the sale would have gone to Jose????

Yes, this happened to me when I bought my Birkin and a scarf. On the receipt, the Birkin was on another SA#, and the scarf was under my SA#. So, I'm thinking, each SA has a set # of quantity of Birkin/Kelly to sell. At least this was pointed out by a tfs member per her SA.

Oooooohhhhhh! Now that makes sense. So, if my SA has to sell, say, 50 Kellys and 25 Birkins and I ask for a Birkin he might say there aren't any but there IS a few Kelly's to look at? This way he makes his Kelly quota which is higher than his Birkin? Like that you mean?

Interesting!!!! It was the same when I worked at Coach we had our regular customers and if it was our day off or something we would know who we should give credit to. Except for during the Christmas contest (If you sold a certain # of bags in December you got to pick a free bag! I got one of the classic backpacks.) some unscrupulous SA's would "steal" customers. :rant:
Gosh I just wish we could see what was in the darn back room!!!!! I don't believe that they don't know every single item that is back there. ;)

chanchan - Enjoy your fjord birkin. Can you post photos? I'd love to see it.

Also - I'm getting a fjord from a re-seller. Do you think you could PM me the price so I can see how much more I'm paying?

Thanks!

shopmom411 said:
Oooooohhhhhh! Now that makes sense. So, if my SA has to sell, say, 50 Kellys and 25 Birkins and I ask for a Birkin he might say there aren't any but there IS a few Kelly's to look at? This way he makes his Kelly quota which is higher than his Birkin? Like that you mean?

Yes, but more like 5 Kellies and 5 Birkins per SA!!:lol: At least that is what the tfs member said. She was informed by her own SA...don't remember the post, but, yes.. I think that is how it works that is why maybe theitbag was not shown the kelly that she ended up buying..cause it was probably part of the other SA's inventory! Unless, the SAs wouldn't mind selling or show the other SA's bag..etc..

poohbearpooh said:
Yes, this happened to me when I bought my Birkin and a scarf. On the receipt, the Birkin was on another SA#, and the scarf was under my SA#. So, I'm thinking, each SA has a set # of quantity of Birkin/Kelly to sell. At least this was pointed out by a tfs member per her SA.

Of course, the SA with the Birkin that I bought was okay with my SA selling me the bag.;)

wow....ok, so that's how it works....I think I've got it now...that makes it even more difficult to get that one bag you want badly. Jeez....

it bag,
it is magnificent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
I LOVE the fjord!!!
i may need one now after seeing the beauty of yours!!!
..itbag, i must tell you ohw fabulous the leather is!!!!!!!!!!1
yikes!!!!!!!!!!!! i am in heaven!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
you ladies are killing me with your beautiful bags!!!!!!!!!!!!!
what a way to go!!!!!!!!!! eeehaaaa!!!!