S stamp on scarves

i bought all my goodies at Wal Mart super center....and I would pay for that experience again. although they didn't have any of the cds I went to go buy...they are SO dang cheap...I did get several Patsy Cline cds for like 4 bucks.

go wal mart! they had the best selections of pop tarts as well.

:::::grumble:::::grumble:::::
we dont have Walmart here in the backwoods of Alaska. we are so deprived here. :angel:

Great Thread!

GG ~ I'm Glad This Is Working Out For You!!!

GK ~ Your Husband Is So Funny!!!!!

I Wash All My Scarves....But, This Definitely A Different Situation. Thank You For All The Great Tips!!!!!

another update. after this i just ran down and took the Dryel stain botton and used the tip to like scrub it in...this has helped the best. now its super faint.

after that I cleaned the area with La Blanc and Water then just water on a cotton ball...

then blotted with a towel....then used my dryer.

now its super super light and faint.

That's the trick!! Also, when using detergent, using your finger tips to massae the silk. The ridges of your finger prints act like a mild scrubber.

GG - I am so glad that you got most of the stamp off...that's awesome! :yahoo:

:::::grumble:::::grumble:::::
we dont have Walmart here in the backwoods of Alaska. we are so deprived here. :angel:

Dont be too sad, seton...
Walmarts arrival here was the end of many many businesses, just as they say......

I do shop there, though....but I try to buy local too when I can....

As for the Les Toits and other scarves.....its not a problem to have the color discharge in the water, as long as you keep swishing and rinsing...it will not redeposit on lighter areas if you are careful....This discharge is the dye releasing from between the strands, or it it the dye that was not absorbed into the fibers and is just sitting on top of them, so to speak....

Such a great thread! I'm still nervous as ever to wash my scarves by hand!

So I'll just have to keep buying new ones to replace the ones I am too afraid to clean? Sounds logicaly yes? :P

My sister has her scarves cleaned often and said they have always managed to keep them looking proper. Depends on the celaners too I suppose.

Sending positive cleaning vibes to all those brave souls out there!

I didn't realized that they stamp "S" on the scarves as well so I rushed home after reading this thread to check on the silk scarf I've got recently from the Jakarta/Indonesia boutique sale and interesting enough, there's no "S" stamp on the scarf at all...:confused1: