"S" shawls - buying from resellers at premium?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. i think i just BIN a shawl which has a "S" on it, which indicated that it was bought on sale. the seller put a premium on it of course because it is from the 2007 season and it is rather attractive. the price ended up about $100 more than how much they retail here locally, which is about $150 more than the US and perhaps more compared to paris or europe (not sure). it is unused and in good condition. nevertheless, now i am thinking, if i had been foolish to BIN it... as far as love is concerned, i think i will love it, as it is the first H shawl which i fell in love with and brought me here. but will i loose a lot, if one day i decide to let it go? does it matter...?

any comments?

2. Just wear it and enjoy it.. there is always someone out there looking

for H scarves.. I wouldn't worry too much

3. ah. thanks hotshot. i saw that during authentication and a few other comments mentioned the "S" and whether an item is bought of a sale or not. so i thought it might matter terribly.

4. If you like it and really love it, then S or not, shouldn't matter. No one would really know.

Of course, it might affect resale, but then... are you sure you'll be willing to let go of it? ;)

5. bagpunk, Which design is it? If it's a VERY sought after design, the "S" stamp may not matter much. For example, there are many here who would pay a premium for the Cheval sur mon Carre shawl and some other designs even if they have an "S" stamp.

6. hi HNN. it is the belle du mexique in fuchsia. i don't think it is that sought after. i have never been lucky enough to want something that is highly sought after :P

7. bagpunk, if you love it, it doesn't matter if it's sought after as long as YOU like it. You bought a beautiful design, and in good condition!

8. :yes: ITA!

9. Is this the one? Photo courtesy of Kallie Girl.

[​IMG]

10. #10 Jul 13, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2009
    :tup:

thanks gals. i was becoming a tad insecure because i realized that the "S" is much discussed :smile:

thanks again for your reassurance!

HNN, yup. that one :smile:

11. ^^^^^ Wear it in good health!! It's a beauty!! :tup::tup:

12. #12 Jul 13, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2009
    thanks HNN. it wont be with me until next month. i can't wait!

by the way, kallie girl sure has a lot of GM shawls :P i think i have two that are the same as hers now :smile:

this collecting urge has developed in a scary speed. i only started looking at H's GM a couple of weeks ago! in the course of my hunt, i let go of an opportunity for a la rosee in acqua as i am uncertain about my ability to carry gentle colours (i look washed out), but can't stop thinking about it :smile: and am hoping for something in turquoise from the A/W 09 collection that my local H is still waiting for. i might take a break after that. since i am going to be a student again... :P

13. I have paid loads more than retail for shawls that I have wanted. As long as you love it I wouln´t worry about the S mark, although I understand it is a little annoying. Business is business! If I ever saw my HG shawl I´d be willing to pay double its retail;)

lovely shawl you got!

Kat

14. thanks lovely! now you are making me think that i should have bid up to US$1500 for that rose shawl.... but i was only willing to go up until $1300.... sigh. too late now anyway.

15. ^^^
    I always use a sniper service, that way I decide how much I am willing to pay, and stick with that (hopefully, unless I check on the bidding,LOL)

Kat