S/S 2011 Cotton Scarves

susanvon

susanvon
O.G.
Aug 27, 2007
Does anyone know if H made the cotton scarves either with the gold charm or without?
I called the 800 number to inquire and the customer service person was clueless. She said that she didnt know if there would be any stock here in the US.
I will be in Europe in 3 weeks and will have 4 H stores to shop in, so I can always purchase some from last year.
Any update on this matter would be helpful.
Hope everyone on TPF is having a great Spring and enjoying their H items.
Susan von
Love H Love Wien

cotton scarves update
well 344 people looked at this post, but no one had a reply. So I found the answer to my own question. Checked with 5 European H stores and they were not made this Season, SS/2011, the former cotton ones w/o the charm and the ones with the charm from last year. Dont know why H didnt make them and neither did the store owners/managers. Was told that the ones with the charms sold out. In any case, I bought the last ones in stock at each of these stores and bought a nice one at LV in Prague. LV is still making them.
Hope this update helps anyone else.
susan von

Thanks for the 411. The cotton scarves crossed my mind as well as in lack of but I haven't been to boutique in months. Wonder if this means they are discontinued? Guess should cherish the Jungle Love even more :smile:

There are some cotton/cotton-blend scarves out there, but in new styles/sizes. I found several options in London recently. Also, the "t-shirt" scarves are finally appearing from SS11--at the same time as the new AW11 items are arriving! Ah, the ways of Hermes!

Just purchased a 90 "gent's" cotton/silk scarf. It's lovely, no charm. I have never been a big fan, but have occasionally noticed them. Especially, never in 70 size lately. In Neiman Marcus, I remember seeing some cottons recently -- again, no interest, so no size query. However, I did purchase a special LaCoste 70 from luxury-scarves. I got it because of the timing of the changing of the designers at Hermes. The scarf has a tennis theme to it with a tennis ball scarf. Again, not my favorite, but a collectible in my book.

attachment.php

DH's (really mine) overprinted cotton/silk 90 cm cotton/silk . It is stunning isn't it?
I wouldn't call it a cotton scarf, but there is substantial cotton in it. Lightweight and still enough silk to keep the cotton crisp.
attachment.php

This is so beautiful IRL too -- I was very tempted to buy it but managed to stop myself. IMHO it is absolutely a unisex piece. Wear it in good health Balto Bag Lady!
attachment.php

DH's (really mine) overprinted cotton/silk 90 cm cotton/silk . It is stunning isn't it?
I wouldn't call it a cotton scarf, but there is substantial cotton in it. Lightweight and still enough silk to keep the cotton crisp.
attachment.php