S/S 08 EW Tote -- Question

iluvmybags

& My Motos & Shoes!
O.G.
Sep 13, 2006
I know that at least one PFer has this bag, I just can't remember who it is -- I've liked this bag since I saw it on the MJ website when the S/S bags were first posted, and then when whoever it was that got it posted pics of it I decided it was one of only 2 S/S bags that I'd really like to buy (the Gray is the other) -- I saw it today at Nordstroms in Ivory (I think) and I really liked it a lot. I'm hoping to buy an Indigo one hopefully once sales start, but if I can save up a little maybe I'll buy it sooner.

I was just wondering how well this bag stays closed. It only has the one magnetic snap in the middle and I wonder what happens when you start loading up the bag -- Does it stay closed? I know this can be a problem with bags that close with a magnetic snap. I'm one who tends to overload their bags (that's why I"m always buying big bags!!) and I'm afraid that once it starts to get a lot of stuff inside, it won't stay closed. Owners of this bag, can you tell me if you've had any problems like this?

great choice! i really like this bag too. yes.please was the one who posted pics of her indigo ew tote. she even got it for a great price on ebay. here's the thread where she posted pics of her modeling it. i love that it can be worn crossbody and how urban/cool it looks. indigo is probably my fave, but it's also available in merlot, which looks just as great. i've only seen that one at the boutiques however.

http://forum.purseblog.com/marc-jacobs/knock-knock-who-there-266775.html

good morning! thanks for posting that link kim.

i'm still using mine almost everyday and i really, really love it. the magnet is surprisingly strong and the bags stays pretty securely shut. i love it!

there is also a putty color that i think is gorgeous- but i was searching for a navy bag forever and while the indigo is very dark it is a beautiful color. i think this bag is really an understated classic that we'll be able to use for years.

good luck in your search!

maybe it was Putty that I saw -- it was a lighter color, but not really an ivory -- it had brownish undertones, so I would imagine it was probably putty -- I still want it in the Indigo color though -- thanks for the info about the snap. I really like this bag a lot. It's so lightweight and the longer shoulder strap is wonderful -- I don't imagine I'd wear it cross-body (not really my style), altho you never know -- I might try something new!

Now, if I can only find it on sale or it lasts until markdowns!

(how long does Saks F&F last? I'd have to wait until after 5/1, but I might be able to get it then if I found it on sale)

the saks f&f event is only going on until sunday, april 27th. if you want to wait until after may 1st then you'd be right on time for the bloomingdale's f&f. hopefully, the e/w totes haven't all been pre-saled by then. i think you'll be able to find them during summer markdowns at the end of may if you can hold out until then.

good morning! thanks for posting that link kim.

i'm still using mine almost everyday and i really, really love it. the magnet is surprisingly strong and the bags stays pretty securely shut. i love it!

!

^^WOW!! - You really make that bag look great!! - I don't think I even looked twice at it in the store! - but it has great lines and balance! - MJ is such a genius! -
Enjoy!! - It looks fab!:yes:

the saks f&f event is only going on until sunday, april 27th. if you want to wait until after may 1st then you'd be right on time for the bloomingdale's f&f. hopefully, the e/w totes haven't all been pre-saled by then. i think you'll be able to find them during summer markdowns at the end of may if you can hold out until then.

thanks for that info -- I can hold out til the end of May/beginning of June - I don't NEED the bag right now as I'm fairly happy in the handbag dept (note my signature!!:shame:smile: But this is one S/S bag that I'd really like to own -- it's timeless, which I really like and can be used all year round. My SA at Nordstroms knows it's on my list - so hopefully once markdowns start, she'll be able to find me one!! (Im just afraid it'll be one of those bags carried over into f/w and NOT marked down come May/June)