S Max Mara the cube

claudia09

Dec 28, 2009
Anyone own or fans of the down jackets by S Max Mara? You guys think it's worth the price? I like how they aren't super puffy but I'm still hesitant.. Pretty pricey for a down jacket. I'm looking at the Novef in particular.

Anyone own or fans of the down jackets by S Max Mara? You guys think it's worth the price? I like how they aren't super puffy but I'm still hesitant.. Pretty pricey for a down jacket. I'm looking at the Novef in particular.
I have one, I think it's the novef, and just bought another one of the spring. I LOVE that they fit into that little bag, they're reversible, and I have fur cuff and hood attachments which look great, just bought the crystal cuffs for my spring one.
Pricey, absolutely, but well made and very warm

I had selected one last Fall, then found myself in Switzerland freezing and bought a sportier Moncler. I still want the cube, but I think the Moncler suits my needs better.
Maybe next Fall I can justify another puffy jacket.

I have one. It's very pretty and comfortable but not exactly warm. I bought mine on sale so it was worth the money but I wouldn't buy another one for full price.

I would also recommend to go for a longer version. I have a short jacket (don't remember its name) and the shape of it is not particularly flattering. The longest coat looks the best, in my opinion.

Reactions: celine666666
I love S Max Mara- I have clothing and a gorgeous wool coat with fur trim. While I don't have one of the down/puffy jackets, I love the quality and fit.

They do run small though

I have one. It's very pretty and comfortable but not exactly warm. I bought mine on sale so it was worth the money but I wouldn't buy another one for full price.

Oh, do they go on sale at the MaxMara boutiques? Good to know. They look quite sleek and chic as far as puffers go but it's still a puffer. :smile:

I bought a cube (3/4 length) this past fall. They had lots of accessories in the store, which are all beautiful. I have not worn it yet because I keep reaching for my moncler heroine, which is extremely warm, flattering and easy to wear. I think that I might have bought the cube one size too big - I am normally a 40, but for some reason I bought it in 42. I might have it altered so it is a little more flattering - it seems wide across the shoulders and bust. I would not say it is super warm (as a moncler or the warmest in my experience, canada goose), but the accessories options make it worthwhile. Have just ordered the fur hood attachment, which should make it even more beautiful. Love the champagne color, but they are not fitted and you have to tie the belt for shape.