"Is this Normal?" Ask about LV stitching, alignment, etc. here!

Hi all, I just got my PA in mono yesterday and I think the side panels are not in alignment, it’s especially obvious on one of the sides and from the bottom. I also feel like the left side of the bag is slightly longer than the right (see zipper photo). Would you return this if you were me? It’s such a struggle since I’ve been waiting for this bag for so long.

View attachment 5589826

View attachment 5589827

View attachment 5589828

View attachment 5589829

View attachment 5589831
The Pochette Accessoires is extremely overpriced by now, and I got very sensitive to cheap craftsmanship that they try to sell for a fortune these days, but this piece is very much OK. Those 'misalignments' are truly minuscule and probably would even out with use. This is a soft bag after all.

To your point, I agree this is the new norm. So you could get something less pleasing to the detail oriented eye.

If you love the piece and intend to wear it, then eventually you won’t notice or think about it. I wouldn’t send it back just to try for another one. Hope that helps!
Yes that’s what I’m worried about. Even if I did ask for an exchange, I know it’s not guaranteed that it’s not a returned item. It seems as though I can’t be too nit-picky with LV now.
Even the pictures on the LV website shows purses that are not aligned 100% perfect. It looks nice!
I was on the website and believe I saw the same photo too. This made me feel better about the misalignment on mine.
The Pochette Accessoires is extremely overpriced by now, and I got very sensitive to cheap craftsmanship that they try to sell for a fortune these days, but this piece is very much OK. Those 'misalignments' are truly minuscule and probably would even out with use. This is a soft bag after all.
Yea the only reason I’m inspecting every little bit is cos of the price I paid after waiting years for the bag. I know it’s really minor and that I would probably forget about it after prolonged use.

I’ve decided to just keep the bag rather than request for an exchange since I can’t wait to use it, thanks again everyone ☺️

Hello, it’s me again.

What are your two cents on the slanted tab? It seemed to be slanted as the zipper is sewed on a bit further on the left and less on the right, causing more fabric “hanging” on the right. Is this normal?

image.jpg

• Sad
Reactions: Aliluvlv
Hello, it’s me again.

What are your two cents on the slanted tab? It seemed to be slanted as the zipper is sewed on a bit further on the left and less on the right, causing more fabric “hanging” on the right. Is this normal?

View attachment 5590468
I’m so sorry, just when you decided to keep it too. No that’s not normal and would bother me especially if it looks crooked in the front.

Reactions: purserooki
Hello, it’s me again.

View attachment 5590468
Well, it's me again. The half millimeter differences in the pattern were really not that serious, but from this angle, it is a different story. The bag is designed to be hanging on this edge (especially in my case, because I only tie the strap onto one end, the other has a luggage tag). So I guess it does affect how the bag hangs and there will be more stress put on one side than the other on the long run. I know that people rarely carry around an iron anvil in this bag, but still, this is the kinda issue that they should just immediately issue an exchange for, no questions asked.

I got this OnTheGo lilas pm tote, and wanted to check about the wavy bumpiness around the seams. It's on both sides,is this normal from the interior pocket? It's from what I understand a pretty limited bag, so I don't know how realistic it would be to even get a replacement. Thoughts? Thanks ^_^

20220817_131942.jpg

20220803_182414.jpg

Hi, first time posting and not sure if I’m doing it correctly ie in the right area?? I bought a Boulogne last year and only opened it at Christmas time as it was a present and I didn’t need it. Used it twice in February when I noticed the strap at one end was wrinkled (I asked the SA when I bought it,because of the different leather (all of my others are vachetta) if there were any problems as it looked “coated” - of course the reply was “no”. I returned it to the store and they sent it away for a replacement - 4 months later I received the replacement and it is exactly the same (I even wonder if it was replaced??). I returned the whole bag and said if that was the quality I would like a refund (I’m Australia if it is a defect you can ask for a refund not an exchange) as I do not require any other bags (I bought a lot in the last 2 years due to price increases). Has anyone else experienced this with this new leather strap?? Thank you so much for any replies or suggestions in what I can ask for as I love the bag but will not wear it as the strap is awful and someone asked me if I had bought a fake (tongue in cheek).

98B8255F-3E5F-40C0-85B8-EE23BD87AE7A.jpeg

Hi, first time posting and not sure if I’m doing it correctly ie in the right area?? I bought a Boulogne last year and only opened it at Christmas time as it was a present and I didn’t need it. Used it twice in February when I noticed the strap at one end was wrinkled (I asked the SA when I bought it,because of the different leather (all of my others are vachetta) if there were any problems as it looked “coated” - of course the reply was “no”. I returned it to the store and they sent it away for a replacement - 4 months later I received the replacement and it is exactly the same (I even wonder if it was replaced??). I returned the whole bag and said if that was the quality I would like a refund (I’m Australia if it is a defect you can ask for a refund not an exchange) as I do not require any other bags (I bought a lot in the last 2 years due to price increases). Has anyone else experienced this with this new leather strap?? Thank you so much for any replies or suggestions in what I can ask for as I love the bag but will not wear it as the strap is awful and someone asked me if I had bought a fake (tongue in cheek).

View attachment 5594472
I think the leather looks fine, leather does get wrinkles sometimes. I think they were quite generous for letting you return the bag, I would not consider the wrinkles defect. That said the attention to detail is not there imo, the strap does not look too symmetrical. Again not a defect but no too luxurious.

I got this OnTheGo lilas pm tote, and wanted to check about the wavy bumpiness around the seams. It's on both sides,is this normal from the interior pocket? It's from what I understand a pretty limited bag, so I don't know how realistic it would be to even get a replacement. Thoughts? Thanks ^_^

View attachment 5592919

View attachment 5592920
I don’t see anything wrong with it??? I can check mine if I knew what to look for?