S/I buy the Cerf bag or the Chanel Grand Shopper Tote?

kianat

Dec 6, 2007
Hello Chanel Fans...

Now...I can only buy 1 bag for myself for the holidays...I do carry alot of things and have 1 big organizer...apprx. 4 x 6 size.
So... so fit my things in there...which bag should I get? I want a bag that is durable.

Thank you!!:yes:

I thought I was going to get the Cerf but I ended up preferring the GST. Both bags are great. I still want a Cerf!!! I think the Cerf is a little more durable. You can get the Cerf with the CC closure which is very pretty.

GST! It seems like you want something that says "Classic chanel". To me, nothing says chanel like leather quilting, intertwined chain and leather handles and the oversized CC logo. I love mine, its a classic.
However, if you want something more simple and more understated than the GST, then you'll probably like the Cerf better.

I have both but love the Cerf even more, make sure you get the one with the detachable long strap.....I actually like the one with the cc's better than the one with the mademoiselle clasp.:heart:

I think it depends on your style. I love both but I would get the Cerf over the GST if it came right down to it. If you want a bag that is undeniably Chanel, then def go w/ the GST.

I own both and find the GST to be everything Chanel is known for: quilted leather with embossed CC logo and intertwined leather/chain handles. Although it is more boxy than the Cerf, it is a better fit on the shoulder.

The Cerf is more understated Chanel and better served as a forearm carried bag due to the shorter shoulder drop. I always feel classy carrying the Cerf no matter what I'm wearing. I love the leather, how it softly drapes unlike the GST, which is more stiff.