S. Calif. Outlets-Ontario, Camarillo or Commerce?

Macimage

Oct 7, 2012
Hi,

My girlfriend and I are going to plan a day to go to one of the outlet stores. We are about 90 minutes from each of the three listed above.

Any comments or tips on which one might be the largest or best stocked (I know that could vary).

Also, any comments on pricing? What does 30/30/10 mean? Is there an extra 10% discount at times?

Thanks for any info!

Very generally speaking, I've found that the Camarillo outlet is the best stocked of the three; it's also the biggest. Ontario can have good deletes too, but they seem to be scooped up pretty quickly. Commerce just opened last year, so they don't get quite as many deletes as the other two, but you can still find a good delete on occasion. If you think you're going to be buying a lot of stuff, keep in mind that Ontario and Commerce are in LA County, so the tax rate will be higher.

A lot of this depends on lucky timing, but I suggest that if you are looking for a particular bag, call the outlet and give them the style #. If they have it they can hold it for you for 2 days. This is also hit or miss, as some SA's either don't know what's in stock or are too lazy to go look.

30/30/10 refers to the crazy discount strategy Coach has been offering recently on deletes. (They may tell you that it applies to the MFF bags too, but since they never sold those purses at the original price marked, I don't count those.) Thirty % off the original price, then another 30%, then another 10% on top of that. The first 30% has been pretty standard lately, then the 2nd 30% they offer is supposedly an extra discount and the 10% an even additional freebie. Keep in mind, however, that they used to offer a standard 40 or even 50% off, and then the additional 30% off automatically at the register. But Coach has been trying out different pricing strategies this past year, and I think I read the other day that some outlets were no longer giving the additional 30%. The pricing has even been inconsistent from outlet to outlet, with some giving a base 30% off, while others give 50% off.

Hope this helps some and hope you and your friends find some great deals!

Very generally speaking, I've found that the Camarillo outlet is the best stocked of the three; it's also the biggest.

Thank you so much Mariquel for the information. We were leaning towards Camarillo as we figured it would not have as many tour buses as Ontario and it was more out of the way (hopefully less busy) than Commerce. We are glad to hear that it's larger and well stocked. That is exactly the type of information we were looking for.

Ontario can have good deletes too, but they seem to be scooped up pretty quickly. Commerce just opened last year, so they don't get quite as many deletes as the other two, but you can still find a good delete on occasion. If you think you're going to be buying a lot of stuff, keep in mind that Ontario and Commerce are in LA County, so the tax rate will be higher.

A lot of this depends on lucky timing, but I suggest that if you are looking for a particular bag, call the outlet and give them the style #. If they have it they can hold it for you for 2 days. This is also hit or miss, as some SA's either don't know what's in stock or are too lazy to go look.

30/30/10 refers to the crazy discount strategy Coach has been offering recently on deletes. (They may tell you that it applies to the MFF bags too, but since they never sold those purses at the original price marked, I don't count those.) Thirty % off the original price, then another 30%, then another 10% on top of that. The first 30% has been pretty standard lately, then the 2nd 30% they offer is supposedly an extra discount and the 10% an even additional freebie. Keep in mind, however, that they used to offer a standard 40 or even 50% off, and then the additional 30% off automatically at the register. But Coach has been trying out different pricing strategies this past year, and I think I read the other day that some outlets were no longer giving the additional 30%. The pricing has even been inconsistent from outlet to outlet, with some giving a base 30% off, while others give 50% off.

Hope this helps some and hope you and your friends find some great deals!

It sounds as though the discounts are whatever they are the day you arrive? Is there any way to know when they are offering the additional 10% (other than to read the threads!).

We are going to make a day of it in the next two weeks. We are not looking for anything in particular, however, if I keep reading these threads and seeing the reveals I may be stalking a bag!

Thank you so much for your time and your post!
Joyce

You're welcome!

The only way you'll know for sure about the discounts is to call ahead. Used to be that they would never change, 40/30, but now it's hard to say what they'll do. That's why I like to check TPF when I get up, the East Coast TPFers give the heads up.

I wouldn't say that Camarillo is actually less crowded, because that mall has a lot more stores. And if you're going on a w/e or a holiday, better get there early.

You're welcome!

The only way you'll know for sure about the discounts is to call ahead. Used to be that they would never change, 40/30, but now it's hard to say what they'll do. That's why I like to check TPF when I get up, the East Coast TPFers give the heads up.

I wouldn't say that Camarillo is actually less crowded, because that mall has a lot more stores. And if you're going on a w/e or a holiday, better get there early.

Thanks, we will call the day before we plan to go to see about the discounts.

We will definitely pick a weekday to go. Is there any particular day that shipments arrive?

Thank you~
Joyce