S.A. Accusing Me of Disloyalty...

Manolos21

O.G.
Jan 22, 2012
Ok, deep breath... let me know if I'm overreacting...

About a month ago, I contacted a highly recommended Saks SA to see if she had a Pochette Metis in empreinte leather. She located one for me from Southcoast Plaza and I purchased it through her. There were some defect issues with it, including it being off center and some glazing that ended up on the leather. In order to ensure that she kept her commission, I tried every avenue to keep from returning it. I worked with her too see if we could find a new one, and also was told that I could return it to my local LV for a store credit (so she'd still keep her commission).

While this was going on, I've also been searching for the elusive Neonoe with pink, and found someone on purseforum who said their SA had another one available. Given how limited these are, I reached out to that SA to buy it.

Today, after still trying to work things out with the first SA on the PM exchange, she texts me and says that she knows I have another order with the 2nd S.A., and that she "unfortunately, only likes to assist loyal clients" and that she would no longer be able to assist me." I asked her what was going on to prompt this, and explained if it was because of the neonoe, that I hope she understands how hard it was to find. She hasn't responded.

Am I justified in being annoyed at her tone? I've never had this issue in the past, despite working with various Chanel SAs to find certain hard-to-find bags. We all know that stock can be limited, and sometimes only certain SAs have access to certain bags. Obviously I wouldn't work with this current S.A. again even if she were willing to work with me, but I'm just a bit baffled by it all...

I read the title and was prepared to read about someone over-reacting but...

that's pretty dang brazen and rude of her. She could have certainly approached that better (though I don't know why she felt the need to say anything at all). The only thing I can think of is that she felt like she was going above and beyond for you and you didn't make your next purchase from her, but it's still not cool.

I read the title and was prepared to read about someone over-reacting but...

that's pretty dang brazen and rude of her. She could have certainly approached that better (though I don't know why she felt the need to say anything at all). The only thing I can think of is that she felt like she was going above and beyond for you and you didn't make your next purchase from her, but it's still not cool.
Yeah, I know she must be irritated that I want to exchange my PM, but I really, really tried to find an avenue that would allow her to keep her commission. During these few weeks, I also reached out to her about buying 2 pairs of sneakers (which she wasn't able to locate) so I was definitely still hoping to work with her as much as I could. I shouldn't let this bother me, but I just felt it was so unnecessary...

Well, now you don't have to worry about her commission -- but maybe she should worry about her job. I'd call 866 and ask to be put in touch with the regional manager. Offer to send a copy of the text. Her behavior isn't just rude and over the top, it's also unprofessional and she deserves a reprimand.

i don't think you are over reacting. i have had a few occasions where i really had to take a breath myself for a reality check with this type of situation. i found myself feeling pressure to be so loyal to an sa that i didn't want to return an item that i didn't want, or order from the website for that matter. years ago i worked retail, and i can certainly understand the desire to maximize your sales as an sa, but that should not be the focus of the transaction. i will try my best to see that an sa gets their due commission, but honestly, these are expensive purchases and the first priority should be that we are able to purchase freely what we want, even if that means an sa does not get the commission they were hoping for. at the end of the day, you are spending your $$$$ on a luxury item sold by a corporation. the sa works for that corporation, and hopefully works well with his/her clients . when it gets to the point that we are truly fretting over an obligation to the sa, i think it is time to reconsider. jmho.

Ok, deep breath... let me know if I'm overreacting...

About a month ago, I contacted a highly recommended Saks SA to see if she had a Pochette Metis in empreinte leather. She located one for me from Southcoast Plaza and I purchased it through her. There were some defect issues with it, including it being off center and some glazing that ended up on the leather. In order to ensure that she kept her commission, I tried every avenue to keep from returning it. I worked with her too see if we could find a new one, and also was told that I could return it to my local LV for a store credit (so she'd still keep her commission).

While this was going on, I've also been searching for the elusive Neonoe with pink, and found someone on purseforum who said their SA had another one available. Given how limited these are, I reached out to that SA to buy it.

Today, after still trying to work things out with the first SA on the PM exchange, she texts me and says that she knows I have another order with the 2nd S.A., and that she "unfortunately, only likes to assist loyal clients" and that she would no longer be able to assist me." I asked her what was going on to prompt this, and explained if it was because of the neonoe, that I hope she understands how hard it was to find. She hasn't responded.

Am I justified in being annoyed at her tone? I've never had this issue in the past, despite working with various Chanel SAs to find certain hard-to-find bags. We all know that stock can be limited, and sometimes only certain SAs have access to certain bags. Obviously I wouldn't work with this current S.A. again even if she were willing to work with me, but I'm just a bit baffled by it all...
Wow, her comment to you was extremely rude and unprofessional. If she was hurt by your sale through another SA, she could have said "I'd be happy to help you look for any items you are looking for in the future, feel free to contact me". Anyway, I'm wondering how she found out about this other sale? I wouldn't contact her anymore!

Well, now you don't have to worry about her commission -- but maybe she should worry about her job. I'd call 866 and ask to be put in touch with the regional manager. Offer to send a copy of the text. Her behavior isn't just rude and over the top, it's also unprofessional and she deserves a reprimand.

Wow, her comment to you was extremely rude and unprofessional. If she was hurt by your sale through another SA, she could have said "I'd be happy to help you look for any items you are looking for in the future, feel free to contact me". Anyway, I'm wondering how she found out about this other sale? I wouldn't contact her anymore!

WOW - I am floored! You are handling it far better than I would have!

Such rudeness and feeling of entitlement. If it were me, she definetely won't be my SA anymore.

Just enjoy your bags and don't let her spoil your love for LV.

This is absolutely appalling. Now you don't have to worry at all about your commission.
I'd e-mail CS or something like that. Her behavior is completely unacceptable.
Thanks everyone - now I don't need to feel like a complete loon. I keep re-reading the text exchange, certain that I missed something to warrant this, but I think she's just being unreasonable. Oh well, I tried... I guess I'll send the original bag back for a straight return.

20170501_192844.png

Thanks everyone - now I don't need to feel like a complete loon. I keep re-reading the text exchange, certain that I missed something to warrant this, but I think she's just being unreasonable. Oh well, I tried... I guess I'll send the original bag back for a straight return.

View attachment 3685518
I would send this conversation through email to CS, management, whatever. This is ridiculous.

Aw! That's terrible that SA acted like that! To be honest, I jump around between SA's all the time. It just depends on who's working that day or whoever can get me the things I'd like to see. I understand it's kind to be loyal but really all the people at my local store are very nice. I hope you find a new SA who I bet will be alot nicer! :smile:

That's unprofessional and uncalled for. I am loyal to my SA to a point. I ask her first for what I want and if she can't find it, I search it out on my own, which I have done.

How did she find out you purchased from someone else? Do purchases you make show up in your "profile" with LV? If that's the case, then my SA will know I have been cheating on her, twice this week! :biggrin:

Agree 100%. Completely over the top and unprofessional. Unacceptable.