Rust on my Chanel brooch!

ayshaa

Fashion Photographer
O.G.
Apr 19, 2009
Hello everyone!

The other day I took out my Chanel brooch to take a picture of it for Instagram, killing time I guess lol and I was shocked to see that one of my beautiful brooches has rust on it, I purchased this in 2017 from Japan, I have older pieces that never got damaged but I don't understand what happened here, I don't know what to do about it honestly, take it for Chanel boutique for repair or do something myself? Can anyone suggest a way to remove the rust? Or is it a hopeless case :sad:

shareImage_1593683492.jpgIMG_7766.jpg

I am really disappointed :sad:

Hello everyone!

The other day I took out my Chanel brooch to take a picture of it for Instagram, killing time I guess lol and I was shocked to see that one of my beautiful brooches has rust on it, I purchased this in 2017 from Japan, I have older pieces that never got damaged but I don't understand what happened here, I don't know what to do about it honestly, take it for Chanel boutique for repair or do something myself? Can anyone suggest a way to remove the rust? Or is it a hopeless case :sad:

View attachment 4775793View attachment 4775792

I am really disappointed :sad:
A similar thing happened to me(mine was more of dark brown/black dots), but I was able to get rid of the rust by rubbing it with tooth paste.

Reactions: minnnea and ayshaa
A similar thing happened to me(mine was more of dark brown/black dots), but I was able to get rid of the rust by rubbing it with tooth paste.

I'll give it a try! I am really disappointed. I hope it will work or just try to take it to a jewelry shop to gold coat it if possible.. I don't know.

i think your brooch was tarnished due to the high humidity. try to use Connoisseurs Jewelry Wipes. it works wonder on tarnished jewels and buy some moisture absorber/ dehumidifier for your closet to prevent oxidation from your jewels.