Russia Anyone?

Brennamom

O.G.
May 8, 2007
My friend is going to Russia this week, is it a good idea to send her with $$ and a list or no? 1 RUB = $0.0421724 USD. But I have no clue about Russian Hermes. Any natives or expats in the house? THANKS!! :flowers:
(Sorry, search is still down or I'd look for previous threads.)

Aminamina is on the money...just got back about a month ago and everything...I mean everything was hyperinflated. But one will still be shock to see the number Birkins and Kellys (mostly black or etoupe) in the fancy restaurants. Russians love to flaunt their riches...ostentation display of wealth is an understatement. We did stop to price things out at the Hermes store at GUM (which was quite big)...scarves (90 by 90)were about 125-135 USD more than New York price...just to give you an idea. Still a great place to visit and enjoy the sights...hope you friend enjoys Russia as much as we did!:flowers:

Aminamina is on the money...just got back about a month ago and everything...I mean everything was hyperinflated. But one will still be shock to see the number Birkins and Kellys (mostly black or etoupe) in the fancy restaurants. Russians love to flaunt their riches...ostentation display of wealth is an understatement. We did stop to price things out at the Hermes store at GUM (which was quite big)...scarves (90 by 90)were about 125-135 USD more than New York price...just to give you an idea. Still a great place to visit and enjoy the sights...hope you friend enjoys Russia as much as we did!:flowers:

Thank you Pet! She goes there and Dubai quite often for work but I'm new to H so I'm hitting up all my travel friends.:P

LOL, Russia should be the last place that you would look. Being new and naive myself a while back, i tried that approach with a few friends that still live in Moscow, let's just say you'll have a better chance finding a Birkin in SF ( the irony is that there are never any Birkins there LOL) The truth of the matter is that in Moscow store they have too many local VIP's that get whatever stock of Birkins is in -in the firstplace and there is nothing left for that accidently walk in opportunity.