Rupert Sanderson OTK boots...keep or return?

Pishi

Priya
O.G.
Apr 20, 2007
Houston
Fellow shoe lovers,

I need unbiased opinions. I bought these off Ebay, but I can return for 20% restocking fee (so, would be out about $120 after shipping, etc). I *think* they look good but I'm not sure. What do you think? They are black patent flat Rupert Sandersons...back zip. Pretty comfy and fit my foot well. But is the style good? Does it suit my body style, which is certainly not 5'9" extra-thin? ;)

If I kept them, I would probably wear them (for example) with this sweater top but with actual leggings, not just thin tights.

Thoughts?

luvtami

O.G.
Nov 3, 2008
If they fit your lifestyle, definitely a keep.

For myself, I could never imagine when I would wear black patent boots. But if you envision multiple outfits that they would work for you, then I think they look nice.

Pishi

Priya
O.G.
Apr 20, 2007
Houston
Dukeprincess, Joke, luvtami, guccigirl2000, and luckyblon3295, thanks for your feedback. I think I will hold on to them!

Luvtami, this is my third pair of patent leather boots. :P I had a pair of camel colored Jimmy Choos (sold those), and I have a pair of very dark red patent leather Ruperts that have a heel. I love patent, so I think it will be fine. The question was...overall...was it ridiculous! =)

Pishi

Priya
O.G.
Apr 20, 2007
Houston
Thanks Robin!

Anne...these are the boots I mentioned in my response to your thread earlier. I think I should try them on with more oufits and get someone else to take picts in better light! Anyway, I'm glad you like them....they were a pretty good deal for NIB Rupert Sanderson.

Pishi

Priya
O.G.
Apr 20, 2007
Houston
Thanks Mooks! I took the plunge and wore them out yesterday over a pair of skinny jeans. It worked, though after a while I felt like I was in some sort of sausage casing constraint! :biggrin:

It's been a cold past couple days here in Chicago, and raining...so I'm already breaking out my boots but folks that have lived here for ages are still using their flip flops and sandals. I got some funny looks last night at dinner. Heh.