running eyeliner PROBLEM

I find liquid eyeliner stays put way better than any pencil or gel. Stila has pretty great waterproof liquid liners. Also try NARS eye primer, it's pretty budge-proof. I have the most stubborn eyelids ever(even Chanel smudges on me), but what I've found that really stays put on the waterline are Laura Mercier Caviar Eye Sticks. It's kind of a challenge to put on because the tip is stubby(maybe applying with a brush is better but I'm lazy so I just go for it.LOL), but believe me, it really stays put.

Yeah, I had that same problem for a while too, until I discovered YSL's eyeliner in a jar. It's worth the trouble to apply it with a brush, and over time I only use it on my upper eyelid and leave the lower eyelid bare.

And before you put on your eyeliner, apply a layer of nude shadow, then after applying the liner, put your regular colored shadow, the powder keeps the liner from running. Try it.

I have oily lids and after countless eyeliners only Giorgio Armani Waterproof Smooth Silk Eye pencils work. I wear eyeshadow primer all around my eyes, GA eyeliner then set with Ben Nye Final Seal. It lasts for more than 10 hours without melting

a) use an eyeliner pencil. NOT khol pencil, that's for smudging out. find one that's just an eyeliner pencil. if it's waterproof, even better.
b) set it with an eyeshadow like others have said. right ON the liner.
c) dry the waterline first. this may sound silly, but use a cotton bud to get any natural oils off the skin before putting the eyeliner on.
d) make sure you powder under your eyes. the natural oils on your skin will break down makeup and under your eyes is one place you REALLY need a loose powder to combat oil slicks.
e) if nothing else works, melt your eyeliner before putting it on. hold the pencil over a lighter or candle for a second or two, it may sound scary but the warmer, softer eyeliner applies easier and sets better to stay on longer.

good luck xxx

Hi Ladies!

I need your help! my eyeliner always runs and I end up looking like a racoon by noon! :sad:
I have tried all different types of eyeliners.. high end, low end, gel, liquid, pencil.. but my eyeliner still smugges onto my bottom eyeline. I have even tried using an eyeshadow primer before applying my eyeliner but still.. smugges..
Can anyone give me some tricks on how to make my eyeliner NOT run and stay in place?

Thanks!
I had the same problem but I found a trick that helps me
after I use pencil liner I use a square or angled brush with
eyeshadow that is the same color as my eyeliner and
apply it over the liner.

I usually like to first apply kohl eyeliner and then trace it over with liquid eyeliner, it seems to not budge for the whole day but maybe you just need a better waterproof liner? My favorite is Stila Stay All Day waterproof liner.

Nars is the best! The one that you twist and it has a built in sharpener at the end. I had the same issue but this works better than Chanel's. I use for lower lash line. Nars eye shadow primer is great too for the lids.

MAC kohls are the worst! Never buying or using those again.

My favorite is Chanel's waterproof liner. It stays put all day, through the gym, everything. I haven't had any problems w my eyeliner running since I switched over.

Rimmel's Scandaleyes gel liner. It absolutely does not budge!! Even when I'm washing my face off, one swipe over my face with wet hands won't remove it. The brush it comes with is actually pretty good too!