Running Apparel

advokaitplm

Jul 11, 2012
I've been looking into running tights for my daily walks and 3x a week jogging sessions/gym ventures. What do you all recommend as best for this? I've looked at lululemon, Athleta, and Nike... Opinions, suggestions, anything would be helpful!

I have new balance and nike. I think you need to go with what feels comfortable for you. I would go to the local running shop. Fortunately, I do not live where it gets all that cold. If you need a higher level tights or compression, the store can probably make recommendations. I prefer the things that are sold in the running stores more than department stores. I really like Mizuno attire, but again, I'm usually trying to get things that are cooling since Charlotte summers can be brutal.

I was honestly slightly shocked at the prices for them at first. I'll definitely try some of the local places although I'm rather intimidated as I'm not a typical "runner"/ runner's build. My shoes are Mizuno and I LOVE them so I'll definitely check them out too. Thanks!!

Here are my favourites:

2XU (these are the best but you pay through the nose for the privilege!)
Skins (I like the A200)
Lululemon (my favourites are the Run for Your Life crop and the Inspire crop)

Lorna Jane tights are also really good quality and a flattering fit, but I'm not sure if Lorna Jane is freely available outside of Australia.

chunkylover53 said:
Here are my favourites:

2XU (these are the best but you pay through the nose for the privilege!)
Skins (I like the A200)
Lululemon (my favourites are the Run for Your Life crop and the Inspire crop)

Lorna Jane tights are also really good quality and a flattering fit, but I'm not sure if Lorna Jane is freely available outside of Australia.

Awesome, thank you for the suggestions I'm going to look into all of them today!

I'm not a runner, but I do do Pilates and walk, and I LOVE lululemon!! I'm more than a little addicted actually...lol!! UA is also really comfortable and some of the Nike Pro line as well.

90% of my workout clothes comes from Old Navy. I think the quailty is good for their compression tights and it is really inexpensive in comparison to other brands. I am short, so the tights are a little long for me, but nothing uncomfortable.

I only wear tights if it's cold outside, can't imagine wearing them in a gym! I sweat so much!

I have a couple cheap, no name brands that I wear if the windchill is 30-15*. I also have a couple microfleeced lined ones for temps down to 0 and then just throw on a light pair of pants on top if it gets down to -10*. That's my limit! :P

The microfleece ones are by Under Armour and Nike. The only problem is they both sag a bit and slide down and I'm constantly yanking them up.

I buy my running shoes at the LRS but apparel is fair game at other stores.

I can't justify spending on Lululemon prices for athletic stuff unless it's for a really good sports bra - most of my gear is from Forever 21 or Amazon. F21 has expanded their activewear and some of their stuff is super cute. I've also like Victoria's Secret yoga shorts for my summer hikes and runs.