Running Apparel

Gap Body has great workout clothes from normal black running pants yoga etc to colorful stuff too and the prices are awesome compared to lulu lemon for pretty much the same stuff

I'm not a runner but I'm a skater and I've been wearing Nike running tights for more years than I care to remember. I'm in a cold rink 4-5 days/week and they keep me warm just fine. They do carry a thermal running tight but I haven't tried them. They've held up so well despite numerous washings and I've been wearing the same 3 or 4 pairs for the past 10 years. I love that there is no chafing from any part of the tights (seams, tags, etc.). I had an accident and sliced my leg with my blade and my tights came through almost unscathed. If you live close to an outlet, you can get them for a song. Other than proper skating tights, the Nike ones are the only ones I've worn. I think they're great value for the money.

V0N1B2 said:
I'm not a runner but I'm a skater and I've been wearing Nike running tights for more years than I care to remember. I'm in a cold rink 4-5 days/week and they keep me warm just fine. They do carry a thermal running tight but I haven't tried them. They've held up so well despite numerous washings and I've been wearing the same 3 or 4 pairs for the past 10 years. I love that there is no chafing from any part of the tights (seams, tags, etc.). I had an accident and sliced my leg with my blade and my tights came through almost unscathed. If you live close to an outlet, you can get them for a song. Other than proper skating tights, the Nike ones are the only ones I've worn. I think they're great value for the money.

The chafing is what has started to bug me with walking in my yoga pants! Thanks, I got a pair of Nike ones on sale and I was really apprehensive about them at first because they are light heather grey but they are absolutely wonderful! It's been 9-15* degrees here the last week and they've been amazingly warm without making me sweat. I need the full length ones because of the weather and my height, crops just won't cut it in these temps unfortunately because several crops are perfect besides the length. :sad: thanks for all the advice everyone, it was VERY much appreciated and I'm going shopping today for another pair so I'll keep everyone's suggestions in mind for more pairs too! Thanks again!

Hi everyone, here's my two cents!
It really depends on your body type. They have to be really comfy. I was a professional athlete for 10 years and know what brands work for me. For example Nike and New balance are too short in the legs, plus nike is cut too low in the inseam and nb too high. The very first pair of Brooks I baght are still going, I think I have two pairs of brooks, 10 years old now and still good, lululemon also fits me really well and the first lulu stuff I baught in 2004 and it is also still in good shape. If you spend the money on good quality that fits you well you will still be wearing it 10 years from now, plus you will be happy in it every time you put it on.
cheers!

Im a runner...been in 8 half marathons and races so far in the last year and i have to say i only wear lululemon...its worth the money.

Othr back up brands that r really good? GAP fit line,Athleta,and the nordstrom brand Zella..which has very well made fitness apparel.
I used to buy cheap stuff but realized i never would have survived 13.1 miles unless i was wearing lulu...their stuff is specifically made for runners and i swear by it.

I have a pair of Patagonia trail running tights that I have been wearing to do my training runs in 20 degree New England weather, and they are fabulous. They seem to hold up really well and there is a HUGE difference in wind penetration. On the pricey side, but totally worth it if it's the choice between hitting the snooze button or lacing up.

I run frequently and have used GAP BodyFit for years. I love the prices & sales, and they have held up remarkably well.

I also have a new fleece lined pair of C9 leggings from Target. It is way too cold for me to run outside right now, but in about a month I will try them out.

I have been tempted to try LuluLemon, but so far I have resisted. I just can't see spending $100 on a pair of black running leggings/tights, and the colorful, detailed ones are too frou-frou for my taste. I like a sleeker all black look.

I get my running apparel from Marshalls. They have all the name brands mentioned... I've even found Adidas by Stella McCartney. Well, they don't have Lulus, but there should be a lot of cute and functional pieces to pick from.

New Balance is hands down my favorite. They are the only ones that are tight enough in the ankles.

I just realize that I mistakenly said NB was my favorite. I meant to say Under Armour is my hands down fave.

I bought a pair of C9 tights from Target, but they were definitely NOT compression tights. It was my 2nd pair and I thought maybe something had changed with the design, since I bought my original pair back in 2009. 4 years and 25 lbs later, a size small is still HUGE on me. And trust me, I'm no longer small by any stretch of the imagination. The ankles and waist are humongous. I really wanted to like C9 because of the price.

Lululemon for normal exercising (run in the sun crops, speed shorts, pacesetter skirt work best for indoor or warm weather running, wunder unders for less sweaty activities) , under Armour cold gear for cold weather stuff. Most Lululemon things last plus most items hold their value well so you can sell it if you get bored.

I just started running and I love GapFit tights. It's nice to see that other, more experienced runners like them also. They have an insulted/fleece-lined version that is too warm for California most of the year, so I haven't needed anything warmer.

Features I love about my GapFit Fast tights:
~Great length
~Very little sheen
~The zip back pocket; other brands just have a foldover flap, so this is more secure
~My older ones have a drawstring
~Wicks away heat and moisture nicely
~With coupons & card rewards, price is even better than mainstream brands
~Sizes are usually easier to find (especially on sale) compared to Nike, UnderArmor, etc.

I do have Old Navy ones which are supposed to be compression, but are not, and the fabric is flimsier than Gap's. However, they're fair for the price and still have nice features (zip back pocket, drawstring waistband).

For super high performance, I've been wanting to try CW-X. If anyone here has input on them, it'd be appreciated!