RUN NOW to this thread for Nordstrom 40% off BV bags inc black pyramid

Just called and talked to Peggy. The Pyramid (I think it was black) and both the white & black flap clutches are gone. D'oh! Only thing left is the brown domed bag.

jburgh, apologies in advance for putting this in the main BV forum but this sale is so unusual. The SA's I've spoken to say they usually only do markdowns in December and July so they're kinda stunned themselves.

OK, so the BV's got sold out at Nordstrom seattle. The SA's there are email savvy so their bags get blasted. I thought I'd try Nordstrom Corte Madera and San Diego for sale BV's. There are some pretty one's available. I got one of the SA's to SMS me some photos. But there are more bags available than these photos. Both these locations currently have the both green bags. San Diego has the braided strap hobo, not sure about Corte Madera.

Corte Madera 415 927 1690 (don't have an SA to recommend. The one I spoke to wasn't that BV savvy)

San Diego (619) 295-4441 (ask for Michelle. Very helpful. Tell her Elizabeth sent you)

attachment.php

APPROX $1780 ON SALE

attachment.php

APPROX $1680 ON SALE

attachment.php

I DON'T KNOW PRICE

Attachments

• IMG00548.jpg
    IMG00548.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 342
  • IMG00549.jpg
    IMG00549.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 350
  • IMG00550.jpg
    IMG00550.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 396
Last edited:
I looked online and it seemed that there are only a few nordstroms that carry BV in the store. I live in San Diego and went to Fashion Valley mall today. I got the black woven BV for my mom. I tried to look online but couldn't really find it. It's a zip-closure that looks like the new Sloane bag.

Is it very rare that BV bags are 40% off?
The bag I got was $1980 so on sale for ~$1200.

I didn't intend to buy any bags...but today after I finished looking at all other stores in San Diego Fashion Valley, I walked by the bags section in Nordstrom and saw "Designer Bag Sale" sign. Surprisingly BVs were on sale! I got a black pyramid bag for my mom. Regular price $1980 and i got it for 40% off. But I also like the brown braided bag you posted too.

You think I got a rare good deal? Do black pyramid bags ever go on sale?

I didn't intend to buy any bags...but today after I finished looking at all other stores in San Diego Fashion Valley, I walked by the bags section in Nordstrom and saw "Designer Bag Sale" sign. Surprisingly BVs were on sale! I got a black pyramid bag for my mom. Regular price $1980 and i got it for 40% off. But I also like the brown braided bag you posted too.

You think I got a rare good deal? Do black pyramid bags ever go on sale?

Great deal, and a great gift for your mom!

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the black (nero) Pyramid might have gone on sale because it was from a few seasons ago (meaning, nero is not a regular "classic" color for the Pyramid that is currently produced, even though it is a classic color in other BVs). I got a similar deal (not as great as 40%, though!) when I bought my nero Sloane at Neiman's during their Fall-Winter 08 sale--according to a BV SA, the nero Sloane was a Spring Summer 08 seasonal color, not in current production. I don't know whether the nero Pyramid had the same timing or not.

I looked online and it seemed that there are only a few nordstroms that carry BV in the store. I live in San Diego and went to Fashion Valley mall today. I got the black woven BV for my mom. I tried to look online but couldn't really find it. It's a zip-closure that looks like the new Sloane bag.

Is it very rare that BV bags are 40% off?
The bag I got was $1980 so on sale for ~$1200.

I posted a response to your post asking the same question in the Shopping section. I guess you've figured out that you have the Pyramid bag. I think it's rare that BVs are 40% off, so you got a great deal--the markdown on your particular bag (nero Pyramid) was probably because it is a past-season item that is not in current production.

I've never seen a Nero Pyramid. Usually the classic colors (including black/Nero) don't get discounted, but blueiris's explanation makes sense. I think 40% off is fantastic.