Run Fatboy Run

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Dennis is a clueless and slightly overweight guy, who left his pregnant fiancée five years earlier. Every day, Dennis tries to persuade the woman he loves to accept him back into his life, but everyday he fails. When he discovers that Libby has found a partner in the form of American Whit, frustration grows, and Dennis vows, that for once in his life, he will finish something. This something ends up being a Nike River-run in London. With his friends Gordon and Mr. Ghoshdashtidar by his side, Dennis begins training for the marathon he must finish

(imdb.com)

It was a cute movie. (Sidebar: it was directed by David Schwimmer). And it was a very sweet story.

I am a huge fan of Simon Pegg ever since I saw him in Hot Fuzz. Hot Fuzz was one of those 'hidden treasures' type movies. (It was really funny. Violent, but funny.)

I think more people will enjoy this movie because it's more mainstream and nowhere near as violent.

2. Whit: I actually ran the London Marathon
    Dennis: Oh that's a coincidence.
    Whit: Why's that?
    Dennis: Oh, I watched it on the tele... well... the last hour... I sleep in on Sundays.

Gordon: Hey I've got you those tickets you wanted...
    Dennis: They were for yesterday!
    Gordon: Oh so NOW you don't want them?
    Dennis: Why would I want them?
    Gordon: You could... sell them on e-bay.
    Dennis: Who would buy tickets for an event which happened yesterday?
    Gordon: ...Time Travellers.

Gordon: The only serious relationship I've been in ended in a broken collarbone and a dead meerkat.

Gordon: Go on then, run!
    Dennis: Isn't there some kind of like... special technique?
    Gordon: Well... yeah... you put one leg in front of the other over and over again really really fast.

3. DH wants to go and see this....I haven't seen previews on TV or anything.

4. I saw this and thought it was actually pretty entertaining, even though the reviews have been less than glowing.

I do have to say, I couldn't watch the "blister" scene. Yucky!

5. I can't wait to see this movie. I love Simon Pegg also! Loved him in Hot Fuzz and Shaun of the Dead!!

6. My husband and I saw this movie this past weekend and thought it was pretty funny. It wasn't nearly as funny as Hot Fuzz, but I still didn't walk out of the theater disappointed. His landlord was pretty funny, training Dennis with the spatula.

Can't wait to see Simon Pegg as Scotty in the Star Trek movie.

7. I saw it, my favorite part was in the bakery... David Walliams did a cameo asking for ginger cookies shaped like bunnies. My husband and I laughed and laughed. Americans don't know what they are missing if they don't buy the Little Britan DVDs (funniest tv show ever- and airs in the UK & Australia)