Rumors of Department Store Chanel shakedown

There were rumors some time ago that in malls where there was more than one outlet with Chanel, that they would eventually allow only one department store to continue carrying the brand. I remember hearing that NM might be phased out, but this was just a rumor so I can not speak to the accuracy of any of it. I have not heard any recent chit chat about it.

Can you imagine the service we all will receive for buying a 10k bag and the SA makes no commission? The crazy price hikes won’t stop me from buying but this might…
Do they not have sales targets? Usually even when commission is absent I thought sales targets were a way of identifying super salespeople and rewarding them (?)

Reactions: j_kay
Do they not have sales targets? Usually even when commission is absent I thought sales targets were a way of identifying super salespeople and rewarding them (?)
Often times they are mostly there as a barrier (If you don't make them you get fired; if you meet / exceed them you start to make commission and after a certain level might receive additional percentage points). Aside from personal shoppers and stylists; retail work isn't lucrative for the most part.

I heard that Chanel is taking control of all department store locations and all stores will be under full Chanel management moving forward.
I heard the same. My SA is no longer selling RTW. My SA requested and was moved to Chanel's brick and mortar cosmetics store. My SA woundn't give me any details through text so I am going to see my SA in person and hopefully find out why.