Rumors About Alber Elbaz Replacing Karl Lagerfeld at Chanel Resurface...

Karl still has a few good years with Chanel, hopefully. But IF he was to leave, I think Alber Elbaz is the best choice, I love his work at Lanvin.

Im going to miss Karl's crazy antics, dry humour and blunt quotes.
He has an immense amount of talent even without the Chanel label.
Elbaz is the rumour, but if it were anyone...Id choose him! Since Im in love with anything Lanvin.
We shall see!

I want Karl to live and design forever but I think Alber would be a great choice for a replacement, he'd definitely get the idea of Chanel I think it would be in great hands with him

If you read the different style and editor fashion blogs, people are really excited for Elbaz... but I am not! I adore Karl and hope he stays as long as he wants.

Hmmmm... I am no fashion biz expert but I personally so not think it would be wise... for Chanel... even if Elbaz "is the greatest living designer today"... I just think there'd be too much brand seepage... something like that. Like he's been soooo successful with Lanvin that can he top that at Chanel??!! And then embody Chanel. And again, I am not expert. Something just seems off to me... but I guess people would get used to it... especially if it made Chanel a lot of money... hopefully that would last LT too

I believe Alba can. He really turns Lanvin around in a big way.

And who are the current designers at Valentino and YSL? Whoever they might be, those are also good candidates.

Karl is successful because he respects a lot of Coco Chanel's original designs and really sticks to them, albeit with his own intepretation. Any designer who goes into a big fashion house like Chanel and thinks he or she can forget all the great legacy of Coco Chanel would be making a huge mistake. I don't think Alba will. As a fashion house that is still privately owned, I would say the owners probably have a lot more time to search for Karl's successor than say LVMH.

I always wonder what it would be like to have Alexander McQueen joining Chanel. Of course that would never happen now........