Rule for pairing scarf with Hermes bag?

ichelle

O.G.
Jan 22, 2007
I'll start by apologizing as I'm new to Hermes and am still learning about it--the H world and culture is fascinating. With that, I am super excited about my first H bag (Jypsiere 28) and would love to add a nice scarf to dress it up.

Is there a rule or etiquette involved in pairing scarves with our H bags, e.g. only H scarves allowed? Might sound silly but again I'm still a newb :smile: please enlighten me!

lesboitesorange

[H]andcrafted
Jul 23, 2013
Globetrotting.
I personally use H twillys for my H bags. They're so fun and pretty! Some people may not think so, but I think twillys are worth the money! But I think if there is a non-H scarf that you love, it's fine if you put it on your bag. I'm sure it will look wonderful :smile:

BagFan4ever

Feb 9, 2013
Asia
Congrats on your bag! Jypsiere28 is also my first H bag. Its so versatile. You can wear it as a messenger bag and shoulder bag (by just using a twilly).

Apr 15, 2007
Sometimes having a bit of the "unexpected" makes it more interesting.

I'd look for a scarf that has the colors you wear & like.. if it happens to be
Hermes all good & well, but there are many beautiful scarves in the marketplace

Nov 22, 2007
Niagaria Escarpment
Wear what ever you have that looks good. If it's going on the bag try toning or pick up a colour from your outfit.

Congrats on you Jypsierie! A fabulous design. What colour did you get? Been trying to find a navy in swift but it hasn't happened yet.

Actually mostly right now I wear LV shawls as they just work for my casual Evelynes. If I'm dressed for a business event it's Hermes all the way. I find it's a more formal polished look.

ichelle

O.G.
Jan 22, 2007
Wear what ever you have that looks good. If it's going on the bag try toning or pick up a colour from your outfit.

Congrats on you Jypsierie! A fabulous design. What colour did you get? Been trying to find a navy in swift but it hasn't happened yet.

Actually mostly right now I wear LV shawls as they just work for my casual Evelynes. If I'm dressed for a business event it's Hermes all the way. I find it's a more formal polished look.
Thanks gals. Hi @purplepoodles. I got the Jypsiere here! A navy sounds amazing. I've seen the Iris color and it looks super rich :heart: