Rue Cambon

Ilin

Jun 22, 2009
I need to look at a bag IRL at the Rue Cambon shop in Paris, but I don't dare to go in because I've heard that the staff there are posh and snobby. What do you think that I should do?

When I was in Paris in the spring, I felt as though I got BETTER service with the boutiques than I did at the departments stores (Printemps, LaFayette). The SAs at the boutiques were very welcoming. Have fun!!!

It always helps if you can say "Bonjour Madame/Monsieur" in French and then ask politely Excuse-moi, est-ce-que vous parlez Anglais? or at least say if it's possible perhaps to speak English (I think we should assume you will be very lucky to find a Swedish/Norwegian/Danish/Finish speaking SA)

I used to work in a high end fashion house in Paris and you would be surprised how many people of all nationalities came right up to me while I'm serving someone else and barked at me in their own language.

Seeing as though you are obviously a self-aware person to be asking advice on this thread I am sure the staff will think you are 'charmant' and you will have no problems.

Don't miss out and not go in to the store.

I hope you have a wonderful time!

Go for IT! I was there back in April and everyone was friendly and helpful...my DH & I were even offered a beverage! (fyi: we were not dressed to the nine) Just remember to bring your passport everywhere so they can get your VAT paperwork in order (i brought mine but i noticed someone forgot and had to come back so they got a little annoyed).
You'll have a blast! I :heart: Paris!

I'm back from Paris!

I asked a friend on the phone to log in here using my account and ask about it, since it was an emergency and I didn't have access to internet myself... My friend got a bit tired of me asking him if there was any new replies so I thought I shouldn't nag on him anymore. :P

So how did it go? Sadly, I gave up on it, I just enjoyed my trip and forgot about it... Which I regret so much now, reading your posts... I might go there again soon though, and then I will visit the shop!

I agree with the fact that it helps to speak their own language, though, and ask if they speak English in French. I think it's amazing how people ask in their own language, especially if it's a language only a few people know, such as Swedish. Thanks for telling me!

I regret it so much though, but I'll be back another time...

Thanks again!