Rue Cambon Chanel store selling fake?

yumie_le

O.G.
May 16, 2010
Hi everyone, I am desperately need your opinions and experiences on this issue. I bought a Chanel jumbo bag during my Europe trip in 2013. The purchase was made at the Rue Cambon store. I didnt doubt about the authenticity of the bag since I bought it myself. And few days ago I decided to sell the bag because it has been sitting in my wardrobe for months. Someone decided to buy it but wanted to take the bag to a Chanel boutique to authenticate it which I did not mind because I know it is authentic. Surprisingly, the staff refused to authenticate it as it was purchased somewhere else (I was at the Melbourne-Flinder street store). Furthermore, the buyer said she cant see the hologram sticker anywhere inside the bag and refused to buy the bad because according to the Chanel staff :"An authentic Chanel bag HAVE TO have a hologram sticker that matches the authentic card". Long story short, I could not sell my bag, got insulted by the fact that they thought I was trying to sell a fake bag with real price. As soon as the buyer see no sticker, she turned to me and said "I need to pass this" and walked away. Im so upset and confused now. Is there anything else that I could do to prove the authenticity of the bag? Any of you ladies bought a bag from boutique with no hologram sticker?

Hi everyone, I am desperately need your opinions and experiences on this issue. I bought a Chanel jumbo bag during my Europe trip in 2013. The purchase was made at the Rue Cambon store. I didnt doubt about the authenticity of the bag since I bought it myself. And few days ago I decided to sell the bag because it has been sitting in my wardrobe for months. Someone decided to buy it but wanted to take the bag to a Chanel boutique to authenticate it which I did not mind because I know it is authentic. Surprisingly, the staff refused to authenticate it as it was purchased somewhere else (I was at the Melbourne-Flinder street store). Furthermore, the buyer said she cant see the hologram sticker anywhere inside the bag and refused to buy the bad because according to the Chanel staff :"An authentic Chanel bag HAVE TO have a hologram sticker that matches the authentic card". Long story short, I could not sell my bag, got insulted by the fact that they thought I was trying to sell a fake bag with real price. As soon as the buyer see no sticker, she turned to me and said "I need to pass this" and walked away. Im so upset and confused now. Is there anything else that I could do to prove the authenticity of the bag? Any of you ladies bought a bag from boutique with no hologram sticker?
Chanel boutique personnel do NOT authenticate bags; they never have and never will. They are in business to sell bags, not to authenticate bags sold secondhand. When you sold it, I would hope you took photos of the bag, including the holographic sticker, thus can let the buyer know the location of the sticker and that it matches the hologram card that you included in the sale.

You can have your bag authenticated by Etinceler Authentications or Authenticate4U for a fee of $5-7; They are professional and well versed in Chanel bags.

Do you still have the receipt of the bag? Maybe this can prove the authenticity, too/ will reassure potential buyers... I will check my bags if one of them has no hologram sticker, too... but I'm pretty sure there must be a hologram sticker in your jumbo, maybe you'll check it? But since I don't think Rue Cambon sells fakes, so I'm sure you can sell your bag!

Chanel boutique personnel do NOT authenticate bags; they never have and never will. They are in business to sell bags, not to authenticate bags sold secondhand. When you sold it, I would hope you took photos of the bag, including the holographic sticker, thus can let the buyer know the location of the sticker and that it matches the hologram card that you included in the sale.

You can have your bag authenticated by Etinceler Authentications or Authenticate4U for a fee of $5-7; They are professional and well versed in Chanel bags.

Thank you for your reply Tutushopper. As i mentioned, I bought the bag at the rue cambon store and did not check if the bag has the sticker or not. Now that im selling it, the buyer ask for the the sticker but i cant find it anywhere in my bag. Im not upset that i could not sell it but because Im afraid I was sold something not authentic from Rue Cambon store.

Do you still have the receipt of the bag? Maybe this can prove the authenticity, too/ will reassure potential buyers... I will check my bags if one of them has no hologram sticker, too... but I'm pretty sure there must be a hologram sticker in your jumbo, maybe you'll check it? But since I don't think Rue Cambon sells fakes, so I'm sure you can sell your bag!

Hi Mary,
I can't seem to find the sticker anywhere in my bag :sad: . And i still got the receipt but i blackened the price, should it be alright? I dont care about selling the bag anymore but just very confused that how come my bag which bought from the boutique does not have the sticker. Do you think I can contact the Rue Cambon store and ask?

Hi Mary,
I can't seem to find the sticker anywhere in my bag :sad: . And i still got the receipt but i blackened the price, should it be alright? I dont care about selling the bag anymore but just very confused that how come my bag which bought from the boutique does not have the sticker. Do you think I can contact the Rue Cambon store and ask?

Yes, of course! Since I've heard Rue Cambon boutique doesn't have email, I would call them... Seems really strange there is no hologram sticker...

No, a bag you bought at Chanel is not fake. The staff refused to authenticate it because they do not authenticate items. Your buyer cannot find the hologram because they can be VERY difficult to find. None of these things indicate a bag is counterfeit. It's in the furthest, deepest and darkest corner in that bag I'm sure.

May I ask what type of Chanel bag you have? It's quite difficult to find the hologram sticker inside the bag. Also, the SA in the boutique do not authenticate bags. Their duty is sell bags. Even a return, they have to check the receipt,hologram sticker and authentic card before they refund. I don't think Paris Boutique do return, I believe they only do exchange.

No, a bag you bought at Chanel is not fake. The staff refused to authenticate it because they do not authenticate items. Your buyer cannot find the hologram because they can be VERY difficult to find. None of these things indicate a bag is counterfeit. It's in the furthest, deepest and darkest corner in that bag I'm sure.

I called Rue Cambon yesterday and they said the same thing. If you bought a bag from us, it is definitely authentic, its just weird for some reasons theres no sticker" I have been trying to find the sticker but still no clue. I understand the craftsmanship is much more important than that tiny sticker but Im so upset that that buyer actually thinks I sell fake for real money. :sad:

May I ask what type of Chanel bag you have? It's quite difficult to find the hologram sticker inside the bag. Also, the SA in the boutique do not authenticate bags. Their duty is sell bags. Even a return, they have to check the receipt,hologram sticker and authentic card before they refund. I don't think Paris Boutique do return, I believe they only do exchange.

it is the JUMBO in caviar. And I bought it 1.5 years ago, I doubt they are going to exchange for me. Do you have a jumbo? where is your sticker located?