rude sales associates...

Food for thought...I just read an article online about this. I guess being a snobby SA is encouraged. Something about how people will spend more money in these stores than in a store where everyone is "welcome". The truth is its all a scam to get higher end folks in the door to spend more money bc they feel like it's some secret rich people's club or something. If you love the purse buy it and forget those snobs. I encourage others to show up to those places in sweats if u can. Just realize that there are folks being paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to research this sort of phenomenon and then encourage sales folks to act like this so companies can make more money. And what's hilarious is the fact that most of us make much much more than your average SA. But we let them judge us. Us "average" folks need to break down these feelings of inadequacy and be proud of ourselves for working hard for our money, walk into these stores proudly and get our wonderful designer bags!

That's an interesting marketing ploy! At first, I thought why would that work but then upon further reflection some shoppers might get peeved enough to end up spending more than they originally were just to "show them" (the snobby SA) who's the boss.

That's an interesting marketing ploy! At first, I thought why would that work but then upon further reflection some shoppers might get peeved enough to end up spending more than they originally were just to "show them" (the snobby SA) who's the boss.

Ya interesting tactic huh? I just refuse to be intimidated. And if they want to be nasty I don't care I'm the one spending money lol

Went to the gucci store today at the phipps mall in Atlanta. Sales associate was excellent! And all I purchased was my train pass so he wasn't getting a huge commission or anything. He was very nice so if u are in the area go there!

Attachments

• 1404847051726.jpg
    1404847051726.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 212
  • 1404847064003.jpg
    1404847064003.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 207
Reactions: topglamchic