Rude holiday shoppers.

Stories in this thread aside, my experience as an SA is that as long as it's free, people want 10! When I worked in retail, we had a free giftwrap with every purchase policy. My worst case was this one lady who bought about 20 plain white rice bowls (at about $1.50 each) and want them all giftwrapped individually. While I was wrapping them all, her friend came up and was like "I though these were for you!" and the woman said "Oh, I know, but the wrapping's free!"

To this day, the sound of shopping centre carols and standard store giftwrap makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up LOL

omg... what a horrible experience!!! wth is she going to do with all the paper?! geezus... :cursing:

I had never shopped on the day after Thanksgiving before I turned 18, which was my first Thanksgiving in college. I went home with a friend because I didn't have a way to get home to California...so they wanted to go shopping the day after T-giving at like 4 am. UGH. So I said ok, and we waited outside this Target to get some radio thing that was 20 bucks instead of 80. Everyone rushed inside, and my friend's sister took off running after the big pile of radios. She got one, and while we were chasing after her this lady rammed us with her shopping cart! WTF!!!! How rude! I felt so mad because I wasn't even there to buy anything.

YUCK. I never like to go out to do stuff like that anymore unless I am going to a more upscale outdoor mall (the ones here don't have crazy people running around them and at least being outdoors gives them room to spread out) at weird times during the day or week. Never on weekends.

Sometimes with parking, I'd rather go to the valet parking. It's usually free and I just tip them. I really hate getting all mad abut a parking spot. The tip money helps me from getting mad over rude drivers. Kinda worth it at times. Think about it.. A little $5 tip verses a law suit for kicking his/her a$$ and scratching up their car...

If you knew how Valets drove peoples cars you would think twice. The two different malls I worked at had valets and it was scary how dangerously they drove cars.I was almost hit a couple of times walking from the employee lot to work by valets going 60+ around corners.

^^I always valet when I can. If they get in a wreck with your car, then its their responsibility to fix your car. Of course they arent going to treat your car as you would, its not theirs. Im not really too worried about the way they drive my car, but thats just me!

^^I always valet when I can. If they get in a wreck with your car, then its their responsibility to fix your car. Of course they arent going to treat your car as you would, its not theirs. Im not really too worried about the way they drive my car, but thats just me!

I guess most girls don't care but if i'm paying someone to park my car i'd want them to treat it with respect.

Sometimes with parking, I'd rather go to the valet parking. It's usually free and I just tip them. I really hate getting all mad abut a parking spot. The tip money helps me from getting mad over rude drivers. Kinda worth it at times. Think about it.. A little $5 tip verses a law suit for kicking his/her a$$ and scratching up their car...
ITA. Some of my friends told me they've been driving around the mall for 20-30 minutes just looking for parking lately!!! I find that absolutely absurd. IMO, the money you spend on gas just driving in circles in addition to the frustration of having to "compete" with other people who are also looking for parking isn't worth it.

Neiman Marcus has free valet (well, before the tip). :graucho:

KT: it doesnt have anything to do with being a girl(trust me, Im far from the stereotypical girl). I paid a lot of money for my car and I love her to death. I would love for them to treat my property with respect, but in reality, most Valet folks wont do that. I think you would have to be in serious denial if you think they arent going to speed in your car. Well, atleast here in Vegas, they arent shy about the way they drive peoples cars.
If they mess it up, they gotta pay for it.
Now, if someone were to borrow my car I would be highly pissed if they didnt respect my property. But then again, thats why i never lend my car to anyone!

Even though some valet drivers don't drive the car as well as I would like them to at times, think of it this way. They're speeding off and if they crash they owe you. BUT it does save YOU from speeding off to get that last parking spot before so and so does. Then slamming on your breaks trying to dodge the hit. And if you hit them, you'd get in trouble.

It's actually not the crashing i'm worried about because after being friends with Valets I only ever heard of one fender bender that wasn't even their fault.Once some guy tried to park in the Valet roped off area and ended up backing into two parked cars.:wtf: It's wear and tear on the car in general, and for those with a manual, wear on the clutch.But i'm just a tid bit over protective about it if you couldn't tell;) probably cause it's still under warranty.

Anyone been to union square in SF recently? I was there today and boy is it nuts,more then I remember around this time last year. Thank god they have tons of parking.

I dont drive through SF, I have my wonderful DF to do it for me. I just dont like driving in SF all that much if I dont have too. And he's an excellent parallel parker on hills. So unlike me. But I am sooo glad DT SF has LOADS of garages!

I dont drive through SF, I have my wonderful DF to do it for me. I just dont like driving in SF all that much if I dont have too. And he's an excellent parallel parker on hills. So unlike me. But I am sooo glad DT SF has LOADS of garages!

Yeah I have never actually driven though the worst part of it, I have always been a passenger for that.The drivers are INSANE, I saw so many near misses today.

Rude shoppers are rude shoppers period,the holiday season just happens to bring them out in groves.
For me the worst ones are the ones that chatter away on their cell phones,you can hardly hear yourself think,shut those mf-ers off for god sakes.
Talking on a cell phone while driving makes you twice the danger to others so grow the hell up and get a life,if you can't stop running your mouth don't ***** and moan when you hit me and I sue the hell out of your simple ass.

Retail merchants aren't obligated to supply you with gift boxes but those that do usually supply you with one for each item purchased unless they have run out.You aren't the only shopper who needs a free box,stop being so greedy and self serving:rolleyes:.

Leave the children and babies with a sitter,your strollers block the isles and no one wants to listen to your kids whine and babies scream because they are sleepy,hungry or most likely wearing a wet and ****ty pamper:hysteric:.It pisses me off when I hear parents say their 2yr olds don't believe in Santa Claus,I guess not you let them do their own shopping moron,DUH!

I feel bad for the SA's,they have to put up with all the crappy ill-mannered shoppers and most do it with a smile on their face.

If you truely want a stress free holiday shopping experience put on some holiday music and fire up the computer,because that's the only way you're going get one,keep your sanity and avoid being run over by a cell phone chatting idiot :lol:.

Sad But True!