Rubedo

gabz

O.G.
Jun 20, 2007
Hi I'm dreaming of the try mini tag studs . Debating between ss and rubedo. Can anyone tell me about rubedo? Is it basically rose gold? Does it wear well?
Thx

If I recall correctly, and it may be referenced in that link, it has been compared to Ippolita's rose silver. It is not rose gold. I have Tiffany's RTT heart pendant and have had no issues with it.

I've been having major major issues with rubedo tarnishing. It isn't rosegold but basically colored to look like rose gold with a small rose gold percentage with the quality of silver. I was also told when purchasing this it would only tarnish twice a year versus silver that needs more tending to.

I have bangle in rubedo and infinity bracelet. Rubedo is a metal that contains 31% rose gold. It looks great. Good luck.

Yep. So that's like 7-8KT gold.
I don't know about Europe, but that's not considered gold in the U.S.

Thing is, if you're sensitive to alloys like nickel or copper, you probably shouldn't go with Rubedo.

And tarnishing would makes sense.

I've been having major major issues with rubedo tarnishing. It isn't rosegold but basically colored to look like rose gold with a small rose gold percentage with the quality of silver. I was also told when purchasing this it would only tarnish twice a year versus silver that needs more tending to.

Interesting. I only have one piece and it hasn't tarnished; however, I don't wear it often.

I have no idea what is going on, I don't have this happen with Tiffany silver and my fine pieces have no issue-- but it literally over night looks like it was excavated from a murky lake.

Oh that's awful! I have a tiffany SS link bracelet w rubedo heart tag and haven't had any issues w tarnishing. I wear it often (never to the pool or beach) but keep it in the Tiffany pouch at night and whenever I'm not wearing it.

FB: Fromstilettostotheplayground
Twitter/Instagram: froms2thep

I have the Rubedo heart tag earrings and it's matching necklace and love them! No tarnishing, no issues. Basically it's made up of three metals: gold, copper and silver. It's made to look slightly rose gold, which is what I love. I think it's the perfect blend where as rose gold can lean too pink or too orange. The salesman at Tiffany's also said that it's pretty scratch resistant and low maintenance compared to its sterling silver counterpart. I've had the earrings since March and I wear it every day with no issues at all.

HTH!

Rubedo is extremely overpriced for what it is. It's essentially 9kt gold. You can get 9kt gold for super cheap at department stores like Macy's. For my birthday I received a lovely gift from my friends, the Rubedo RTT link bracelet, and in a week, the area in between the links went black. It might have to do with the chemicals in my body, but none of my other jewelry has ever done that before (although I did have a pair of Tiffany earrings that were 18kt gold that turned colors on me too). I ended up returning the necklace and keeping the store credit...