Rubber Guccissima leather. What is it?

Dorf

O.G.
Nov 14, 2012
Just wondering.. What kind of material is Rubber Guccissima leather? Is it rubber, leather, or is it leather coated with rubber?? Do any of you own a bag in this material?

Rubber Guccissima Leather is rubber finished leather or rubberised leather. It gives the surface a very matte finish and should be waterproof and durable for the first few years.

Hmm.. -So the leather is "coated" in rubber? I suppose this line will vanish when the Gucci-non-PVC program starts.
I have high top sneakers in that leather.
It's definitely leather, very supple and mat.
It's not coated like a patent leather feels. It's very different - hard to describe.

Rubber is not involved in the Guccissima leather. Really issima in English means - est (ie prettiest) - in other words So Gucci! Guccissima is a word to describe the bag not a type of leather. I was confused about this myself so I asked - wanted to make sure I knew what I was purchasing. And the leather looks nothing like rubber nor does it feel like rubber. I am a LV girl and I have to say I am quite impressed with all Gucci leather goods.

Rubber is not involved in the Guccissima leather. Really issima in English means - est (ie prettiest) - in other words So Gucci! Guccissima is a word to describe the bag not a type of leather. I was confused about this myself so I asked - wanted to make sure I knew what I was purchasing. And the leather looks nothing like rubber nor does it feel like rubber. I am a LV girl and I have to say I am quite impressed with all Gucci leather goods.

Are you referring to the guccissima leather or the guccissima rubberized leather?

http://www.gucci.com/ca-en/styles/368561AF6AN1060#

I was told it was a mix of leather and rubber fibers to make a water resistant leather which feels a bit like nubuck. The standard guccissima leather is a whole different ball game!