Rub off on Leopard Rocker

Punkkitten

O.G.
Sep 12, 2009
Hi Chickadees,
I haven't been on here in eons, however I wondered if you would mind shedding light on something.

Several months ago I purchased a moto rocker off of evil bay. I got a major steal on it (I think it was from a sample sale). I have been carrying it for the last week (by the strap) and yesterday when I got home I noticed some of the leopard print is rubbing off on the back (already!). Is this typical of a printed leather? I'm not deflated by it, but still slightly perturbed that it only took a week for that to happen.

If it's a common thing so be it, just wondering if it was.
TIA!

Hi Chickadees,
I haven't been on here in eons, however I wondered if you would mind shedding light on something.

Several months ago I purchased a moto rocker off of evil bay. I got a major steal on it (I think it was from a sample sale). I have been carrying it for the last week (by the strap) and yesterday when I got home I noticed some of the leopard print is rubbing off on the back (already!). Is this typical of a printed leather? I'm not deflated by it, but still slightly perturbed that it only took a week for that to happen.

If it's a common thing so be it, just wondering if it was.
TIA!

Hi hi! Welcome back!! I'm sorry to hear your rocker is having issues :/ Is there any way you could post a picture of the damage? What type of leather is it? I assume since you said "printed" it's not the hair calf/pony hair leopard RM does sometimes... We may be of more assistance if we can see the texture/finish on the leather! :yes:

Hi Penny,

This definitely is not calf hair, I've eyeballed those but it would be REALLY weird to own a purse that had a fuzzy texture like my dog :P

The seller had touted the bag as leather and when it arrived with a sample/market blue tag on it, it just said TAN ANIMAL. To me the material feels a lot like my Urban expressions bags which are very soft PVC. To give you an idea I attached a link to a MAC being sold that is the same material. The store touts it as leather as well. I enclosed a pick with the areas that have worn away circled in red. It wouldn't be overly noticeable except for the fact that it is the dark tan swirls.

http://www.revolveclothing.com/rebecca-minkoff-mini-mac-in-tan-leopard/dp/RMIN-WY709/

hope this helps!

Attachments

• oops.jpg
    oops.jpg
    218.6 KB · Views: 98