Royalty & their Jewelry

I love all those beautiful pictures of Royal jewellery, especially the Rajput ones.
However, I can't feel but be taken aback by the thought of all the poor people whose taxes paid for all that oppulance. Makes me sad somehow ? Sorry, but just my thoughts.

I love all those beautiful pictures of Royal jewellery, especially the Rajput ones.
However, I can't feel but be taken aback by the thought of all the poor people whose taxes paid for all that oppulance. Makes me sad somehow ? Sorry, but just my thoughts.

India before the British invasion was the most richest country in the world
This is what Lord Maculay before the British invasion of India said

'"I have traveled across the length and breadth of India and I have not seen one person who is a beggar, who is a thief. Such wealth I have seen in this country, such high moral values, people of such caliber, that I do not think we would ever conquer this country, unless we break the very backbone of this nation, which is her spiritual and cultural heritage, and, therefore, I propose that we replace her old and ancient education system, her culture, for if the Indians think that all that is foreign and English is good and greater than their own, they will lose their self-esteem, their native self-culture and they will become what we want them, a truly dominated nation."

The British succeeded in what they wanted and to a certain extent Maharajas are responsible for the destruction of India's wealth,They supported the British and when they realized their mistake it was too late.
Sometimes i wonder if British didn't conquer India,What would be their Royal Jewels look like ?Will they be wealthy and powerful

You don't need to be sorry at all , We are slowly but surely coming up.

Last edited:
Mughal Mirror Diamond Necklace

The specialty of the necklace is its mirror like, flat top diamonds five of them in total. The biggest one the necklace’s central stone weighs 28 carats, making it the largest known flat-top diamond in the world. The other four diamonds, which are also table cut, each weigh between 16 and 20 carats. It's an ancient Indian technique

Attachments

• mughal necklace.jpg
    mughal necklace.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 1,386
I believe that the woman in the upper-right-hand corner is Jeanne Toussaint, who designed Cartier's famous panther line of jewelry. She was an interesting person! (And I've always lusted over those Art Deco panther bracelets!)

Oh thank you for the info. I got the pics from Cartier Catalogue and on the other page they say that they made jewels for royalties all over the world including Maharajah of India.

More jewelry of Maharani Prem Kaur of Patyala

Attachments

• sss.jpg
    sss.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 1,240
  • ss.jpg
    ss.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 1,201
  • joyas2.jpg
    joyas2.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 1,190
  • a.jpg