O.G.
Mar 16, 2007
Iris:

irispurplelizard2vi7.jpg

Royal (borrowed pic from a Pfer!! hope its ok!):

minkoffnavyblueog0.jpg

Here is Iris again:

irisotheran9.jpg

to me... they are very similar but the Iris is a bit darker, Royal is a bit brighter. i can see more purple undertones in Iris, but is faint.
nikki_royal.jpg
irisotheran9.jpg

personally, i love the Iris more than Electric Blue which to me is a bit too bright, it makes Ocean look calm :smile:

I love them all! The royal actually looks a lot deeper of a blue to me, where the IRIS leather has this distressed vintagey look to it. I love that DUO. I'm so getting one!

They look very similar but the Iris (IMO) has more of a purple tinge to it. They are both very pretty =)

On a side note, I am captivated by the Navy Luxe color. It is beautiful and elegant at the same time.

Thanks for the additional pics. I have seen more real life pics of Royal here and maybe I should have dug up a couple of those to really see the difference/likeness.

I agree that Iris seems to be a blue with a purple hue to it. Royal looks more like a rich medium blue. (Gung - I'm looking at the Royal basketweave MA on the far right in your pic above).

Now I do see why my effort to start ordering Royal Nikki's as a special preorder has been postponed since there's alot of blues coming out.

While of course there are some differences since it's obviously not the same exact leather, I think they are pretty freakin' similar in color!!

Unless there is a big difference in real life I'd say they are pretty close.

I pre-ordered the navy luxe nikki and am now wondered if I would like the Iris nikki better. I can't decide. I love the navy, however if it appears more black than blue, then I think I would rather have the Iris color, as I want a blue bag. (not a bright blue though). I think the Iris looks alot like the royal, almost identical.... Any help, suggestions, thoughts or preferences???????????????