Royal vs. Iris vs. Navy Luxe vs. Nautical Blue vs. Lapis

beano

Dec 16, 2007
DC
to me... they are very similar but the Iris is a bit darker, Royal is a bit brighter. i can see more purple undertones in Iris, but is faint.

personally, i love the Iris more than Electric Blue which to me is a bit too bright, it makes Ocean look calm :smile:

Desi

O.G.
Dec 19, 2007
Alpharetta, GA
I love them all! The royal actually looks a lot deeper of a blue to me, where the IRIS leather has this distressed vintagey look to it. I love that DUO. I'm so getting one!

GUNG

Aug 25, 2007
SF Bay Area, CA
They look very similar but the Iris (IMO) has more of a purple tinge to it. They are both very pretty =)

On a side note, I am captivated by the Navy Luxe color. It is beautiful and elegant at the same time.

karenab

O.G.
Mar 16, 2007
Thanks for the additional pics. I have seen more real life pics of Royal here and maybe I should have dug up a couple of those to really see the difference/likeness.

I agree that Iris seems to be a blue with a purple hue to it. Royal looks more like a rich medium blue. (Gung - I'm looking at the Royal basketweave MA on the far right in your pic above).

Now I do see why my effort to start ordering Royal Nikki's as a special preorder has been postponed since there's alot of blues coming out.

littlerock

Love is Love is Love
O.G.
Apr 19, 2007
In the moment
While of course there are some differences since it's obviously not the same exact leather, I think they are pretty freakin' similar in color!!

Unless there is a big difference in real life I'd say they are pretty close.

HitchcockBlonde

Bag (and shoe) lady
O.G.
Oct 27, 2006
Wow. Yes. Almost identical. The leather looks very similar too if not exactly the same. No wonder I like the iris, I love my royal MAM. LOL.

raider69

O.G.
Oct 5, 2006
NY
I pre-ordered the navy luxe nikki and am now wondered if I would like the Iris nikki better. I can't decide. I love the navy, however if it appears more black than blue, then I think I would rather have the Iris color, as I want a blue bag. (not a bright blue though). I think the Iris looks alot like the royal, almost identical.... Any help, suggestions, thoughts or preferences???????????????