Royal Mail shipping timeline?

asark

"I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list."
O.G.
May 23, 2007
Hey guys,

So as you all know I am so excited about my recent SS purchase. I was wondering about your experiences in shipping through Royal Mail, and approximately how long it takes. I am out of town for a few weeks shortly, so I was wondering if I should be prepared for a nice surprise when I return or if more waiting may be involved. I know customs can be slow at best, so I am taking this into consideration too.

Thanks!

Asark....I have been very lucky that I'm pretty sure I receive my bags within a week (I think) of mailing....I was always surprised. So far so good with my luck at customs.
I hope you get that gorgeous purple croc LM soon!! WOW, can wait to see pics!

Geeze guys - and this is with Royal Mail rather than DHL??? I am starting to think about having her shipped to my family where I'm visiting if this is the case...

I've heard in another thread somewhere that there are risks of customs issues with DHL.... not sure of the details, tho. Oh, also, I'm pretty sure that they will start shipping the sample sale orders when the sale is done, so I guess that would be Tuesday....

Wow. I'm tempted to change it (this would be the 2nd time - I hate bugging them with such details)... but excitement may just warrant it! Thanks a bunch for the input!

Oh, and the DHL thing works the same as UPS - brokerage fees. They charge these to you for "loaning" you the cash to clear customs initially. I have had it where the actual taxes are less than $5, the customs service fee is another $5 and the brokerage fee is $40 to loan you the < $10! These companies are crooks for sure!

I'm in CA and Royal Mail takes about 7 days - I always use them as the USPS doesn't charge those handling fees like DHL does and frankly I get it faster with Royal Mail - I used DHL for a Bal once and it took forever!

I'm in CA and Royal Mail takes about 7 days - I always use them as the USPS doesn't charge those handling fees like DHL does and frankly I get it faster with Royal Mail - I used DHL for a Bal once and it took forever!

That's about the same shipping time for me (Texas) - I know even tho I ordered the bag on the 17th, it shipped out on the 23... so it was about 7 days since I got it on the 30th....