Royal Mail Question?

heidiandchloe

Mar 9, 2011
Chicago
I am in the states and wondered how long it usually takes something from England to get here. I checked the tracking and it says it is already in the United States, but when I check usps there is still no activity. Want to make sure someone is home to sign for my gucci bag!! Also, I am a little impatient as you can see! Thank you!!

EuropeanGuy

Dec 17, 2012
I am in the states and wondered how long it usually takes something from England to get here. I checked the tracking and it says it is already in the United States, but when I check usps there is still no activity. Want to make sure someone is home to sign for my gucci bag!! Also, I am a little impatient as you can see! Thank you!!
Depends on what postage option they have chose. Royal Mail only send 'small packets' overseas to the USA and they take 5-7 days, they can be tracked only in the UK, or there is an option for the sender to get a delivery confirmation.
However I would imagine the bag was sent as a parcel, so they would have used parcel force which is a sister company to Royal Mail and that would take up to 9days max.

I've just gathered all this from the Royal Mail site :smile:

heidiandchloe

Mar 9, 2011
Chicago
Thank you!! When I tracked it on usps, it doesn't give me much information, so that makes sense. Thanks for looking into that! Really appreciative! I will just have to be patient... sigh...

ujili

O.G.
Sep 10, 2009
Brand Heaven
Thank you!! When I tracked it on usps, it doesn't give me much information, so that makes sense. Thanks for looking into that! Really appreciative! I will just have to be patient... sigh...
I have been in a similar situation in the past because I order merchandise from the UK and they mail it with Royal Mail as well. The delivery time said 7-14 days but I receive it like 20 days later. It takes quite long. I hope yours doesn't take that long.:smile: