Royal leather - what is it like?

MKNS

O.G.
Mar 27, 2008
Hi

I love all the pictures of everyone's Royal bags. I'm trying to decide if it's right for me, and if so, what style bag I should purchase (Mini Beloved, Roadie, MAM/MAB, or something else)

Is it cow or lambskin? Is it soft and slouchy, or a more hard, structured leather, or is it somewhere in between?

Any information you can share would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!

^ Royal leather is cow. It is thick, and a bit matte, and very saturated in color..

I have a Royal Mini Beloved, and I love it.. it's a great bag with great leather. You will not be disappointed!

I had Royal Roadie, it was smooth, matte & thick. It has this nice sheen as you wear it. There are some Royal pics that I see are pretty pebbly, think mostly the Mini Beloveds.

I'm glad to hear it's thick. I like the thicker more durable leathers. Now just to decide what style of bag.

I think I would like the Mini B, but I don't know if I can handle all the tassels. I have detasseled all my bags that have had them. But they have all had the regular zipper pulls and it looks like most of the Mini B's have the o-ring zipper pulls. Is that right?

So my next choice would be the roadie. I love the look of the linear stud roadie, but am not sure about the studs. I like them now, but will it become an outdated look? I want a bag that will last me a LONG time!

So third on the list would be a MAM/MAB, but I would want one with a strap...

HELP!!!

Hmm, if you still have the bag shown in your avatar, the MB or the Roadie would add more variety to your collection.

I have a couple of MBs, both with o-ring zipper pulls. They feel incomplete without the tassels, because the o-rings are so thin and light. IMHO, tassels are optional to MAs, but integral to MBs. Maybe if you get the MB, it might change your mind about them tassels? :graucho:

Hmm, if you still have the bag shown in your avatar, the MB or the Roadie would add more variety to your collection.

I have a couple of MBs, both with o-ring zipper pulls. They feel incomplete without the tassels, because the o-rings are so thin and light. IMHO, tassels are optional to MAs, but integral to MBs. Maybe if you get the MB, it might change your mind about them tassels? :graucho:

I would like to try to add some variety to my small, but growing, RM collection.

Humm... you make a good argument about the tassles... :thinking:

I'm glad to hear it's thick. I like the thicker more durable leathers. Now just to decide what style of bag.

I think I would like the Mini B, but I don't know if I can handle all the tassels. I have detasseled all my bags that have had them. But they have all had the regular zipper pulls and it looks like most of the Mini B's have the o-ring zipper pulls. Is that right?

So my next choice would be the roadie. I love the look of the linear stud roadie, but am not sure about the studs. I like them now, but will it become an outdated look? I want a bag that will last me a LONG time!

So third on the list would be a MAM/MAB, but I would want one with a strap...

HELP!!!

I've de-tasseled most of my bags too but I think the MB is so cute with it's tassels!

You know, I took the tassels off my royal MB and replaced them with gold-colored pulls .. and it was too much bling. I put the tassels back on last night and it looks much better. Something about the MB ... the tassels just work!

And - the royal leather is just so nice - thick, chewy - not pebbled, smooth and grainy, like a good Bal leather ... I'm impressed with it!

Royal is a great leather. There have been about 20000 different royals and different variations in each, but all of them are great IMO!~ Definitely cow, thick, chewy, and soft.