Style Royal Ladies fashion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the thing, she and her husband are not well thought of in Italy. She was a well known and well-respected French actress before she married Emmanuel. Within royal circles they are looked at with a wary because of some behaviors at either Mary, Letizia or Marie-Chantal's wedding. There was brawl between the 2 heads of the royal house Savoy and Aosta over who was head of the house. Anyway the 2 general fought right over Queen Elizabeth 2 and Queen Anne Marie of Greece nee Denmark. QE2 reportedly said "never again" (and that was last royal wedding she attended outside her family members' weddings. Prince Emmanuel (Clotilde's hubby) regularly does Italian versions of shows like "Dancing With the Stars", "I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here" etc. She chooses to focus on acting career rather any royal duties or charitable work (they are not well off).

TMI, I know but that's the reason for her doing more red carpet dressing rather than princess dressing. Personally, I think she'd do better in her acting career if she upped her classy lady profile.
You're right--she's dressing PERFECTLY for the kind of attention that she's after!

they are in the public eye and they represent many many millions of people. We just want them to look their best. They have the funds, gorgeous figures and people who can help them - an opportunity us mere mortals don't have.. So, why won't they use them?

It's dressing appropriately for their job. So we nitpick sometimes.. But our compliments far outweigh any less than generous comments.
ita

I really like this whole look. It's simple and classic...love the hair. The shoes look the same as her LK Bennetts. I agree, a different shoe would have been a better choice.

htb2hd.jpg
174d2g.jpg

kcfp0l.jpg

Last edited:
I have noticed that Letizia & Catherine's outfits are picked apart by everyone more than other royals. I wonder why? Comments today about Catherine's dress with the waist supposedly too high, the evening dress with polka-dots, which were actually hibiscus,etc. Letizia: complaints about drab colors she wears. Almost forgot, Princess Victoria: comments about why she wears her hair in a ponytail.

Is there some reason that these three ladies are scruntinized so doggedly?

I also don't understand about Charlene.

This is strictly an observation, nothing more! lol

This is a forum dedicated to shallow obsessing about fashion and style. It's not like we're really "criticizing" them. We just comment on their outfits!

Personally, I LOVE Catherine's style. I like her casual chic outfits and appreceiate the fact that she often wears the same outfit/dress/pair of shoes more than once! She seems really down to earth and very kind!

I am really starting to hate those nude pumps. They do NOT go with everything! I wish Catherine would try something different with her footwear-how about a color or pointed toe?

As for Letizia-I never pick her apart--she's my favorite:smile:

Oddly enough, she actually has a pair of off-white pumps with her on the trip. She wore them on the first day. So why didn't she pair them with this dress?

I can only wonder if the white ones were uncomfortable because they're apparently new, whereas the beige are old and broken in.

Incidentally, I cannot understand the naivete that would cause her to go topless on holiday ever again. It doesn't matter how remote the farmhouse was - this is a couple who were snapped on honeymoon without their knowledge, despite the strictest security. And Diana was snapped topless in her time too.

Why can't people just settle for having white boobs???!

All i can think about when i see these pic of Catherine is how hot and muggy she must feel in these gowns in the tropical climate. I'd be a melty drippy fuzzy haired hot mess, but she looks so together!

Kate is so beautiful without all the "tricks" (professional stylist & make-up artist)
imho, the fact that Kate wears the same nude pumps, does her own make-up, and her clothes are "ok" all goes to make her so much more real and appealing! and for me: it keeps us dreaming that we could be her! that even though we're not royal-born, "someday the prince will come!" okay, we have to have a lot of $$$ to move in his circle, but it still a possibility, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.