Royal Blue Mini Vs. Phantom

BVLover0710

Apr 19, 2010
I was lucky enough to find a royal blue mini, but recently have also been thinking about the small phantom (which my SA says he can find). Which style do you prefer? Which is more classic? I have a pebbled mini, but am not concerned about having two. I guess my biggest worry is the leather on the mini luggage. The phantom is also smooth, but has a slight grain. Should I just get over my fear of smooth leather and go for the classic?

I was also faced with the same problem. I decided on the phantom because it
was different from the classic mini (more wings) ! When both the mini and the phantom wings are tucked in they look somewhat similar. I guess I like more wings. I just love carrying my small royal blue phantom everywhere and I can play with how much wings I want to show. Working on a trapeze next !

i changed my mind, initially preferred classic mini royal. but then, i realized that blues are my casual go-to bags. relaxed, carefree w/ a punch of color! can be elegant when worn w/ a black outfit or beige neutrals... so now, phantom royal has been calling me!

So it is different leather, my SA wasn't sure. Is the phantom less likely to scratch? Part of me is curious about the phantom, but the other worries that it's not as classic over the long haul.

So it is different leather, my SA wasn't sure. Is the phantom less likely to scratch? Part of me is curious about the phantom, but the other worries that it's not as classic over the long haul.

I'm the same. Not sure if the Phantom is a classic bag, especially in comparison to the Luggage. I'm having a hard time deciding between the two.

I own a four Phantoms in various leathers and LOVE LOVE the bag and style--it is one of my favorite bags and that's why I own so many of them-- but I don't love the phantom in royal blue for some reason. I chose a royal blue mini luggage as my one and only luggage. It's just personal taste, but I prefer the phantom in neutral colors and the luggage in the bright colors.

Don't be scared of the leather on the mini luggage in royal blue-- it will hold up nicely! The royal blue phantom also has wonderful leather. I have a taupe phantom and a burgundy phantom in that soft pebbled leather and it wears really nicely and does not scratch easily at all. The smoother leather on the royal blue luggage does have a little bit of grain to it, and I expect it to wear nicely. I used to have an orange luggage in this same leather and I wore it on and off for a year and the leather still looked great. I have one Phantom that is very prone to scratches, but it has a unique super smooth leather with absolutely no grain. I'm not sure of the name of the leather on that bag, but it's definitely not the same leather as the smooth mini luggage leather, nor is it the usual Phantom leather.

Anyway....I think it comes down to personal taste. You can't really go wrong with either bag... both are gorgeous! :smile:

I'm so torn. My SA has the phantom and a mini is being returned that's mine if I want it. For me, it boils down to leather and how it will look in the long-run. I'm really afraid of the smooth leather and worry that it will be covered in scratches and scuffs and that I'll constantly be buffing....

I def like the shape of the mini bag better, just received my royal blue mini yesterday...it's just gorgeous!!!
Besides the color, mini has a zipper, and I think it's lighter than the phantom...

Hello! I have the same problem deciding between the mini or the phantom in royal blue but in the end, i bought the phantom and its super nice, more classier for me :smile: it's all a matter of personal taste :smile: both are really nice ! :smile:

I definitely prefer the royal blue Mini. It looks more classic IMO and it's the perfect size- not too big and not too small. I love how the royal blue Mini looks. The Phantom is way too big and I can see it looking dated.