Royal Blue Dilemma: Which Should I Keep?

luckylove

O.G.
Sep 5, 2012
Hi Everyone! I decided that Chanel Royal blue Patent Jumbo was just too large a size for me as I tend to wear my M/L flaps, reissues and minis more than my jumbos. I adore this color and have been able to purchase the M/L flap and the mini crossbody in this fabulous color. Of course, I only will keep one of the two sizes and I would love your advice on which size you think is best. For reference, I am 5'2 and a US size 4. Please let me know what you think... Thanks so much!:smile:

I would go with the M/L as this color is sooooo gorgeous, and you can use the M/L for so many things. It's a proper bag and will fit tons, and the look is so classic. Photos!!

I would go with the M/L as this color is sooooo gorgeous, and you can use the M/L for so many things. It's a proper bag and will fit tons, and the look is so classic. Photos!!

Yes, I think I am more drawn to the m/l flap as it is a classic size that can be used forever. My neutral colored bags seem to get far more use so i am wondering if investing less money in the bag is the smarter way to go?? I have been a chanel collector for a long time and it has been quite some time since any chanel inspired me enough to add it to my already too large collection.:graucho: Hmm....

Do you think this color will stand the test of time? I guess this weighs into to my decision on how much I am willing to spend. Is it true love or just a passing crush??? :smile:

I think the color is :tup:!! Especially if you have enough neutral colored bags! I mean, how many black chanel does one need?? Yours will become more exclusive due to the color and that is one gorgeous blue!

In terms of size, if you are more used to/comfortable with the M/L, then keep that one. Although I personally prefer the jumbo and I am about your height and size (and M/L is not big enough for my stuff). But if you are used to smaller bag, definitely M/L.

I think the color is :tup:!! Especially if you have enough neutral colored bags! I mean, how many black chanel does one need?? Yours will become more exclusive due to the color and that is one gorgeous blue!

In terms of size, if you are more used to/comfortable with the M/L, then keep that one. Although I personally prefer the jumbo and I am about your height and size (and M/L is not big enough for my stuff). But if you are used to smaller bag, definitely M/L.

Yes, the color is so irresistible! Thanks so much for sharing your advice!

Go for m/l

Thanks for your advice. I brought the mini cross body home yesterday. I have to admit, it looked surprisingly chic worn with my blue and black chanel jacket. Somehow it made the jacket have a young, cool vibe. I have to bring the m/l home to compare. My SA has been on vacay so I haven't been to store to pick up. It is true that the m/l is a more substantial bag with more visual impact. I am just not sure if this color will be something I still use in a few years and I am trying to spend my dollars wisely. My closet is more like a museum of stored and adored bags, Ha!:smile:

Thanks for your advice. I brought the mini cross body home yesterday. I have to admit, it looked surprisingly chic worn with my blue and black chanel jacket. Somehow it made the jacket have a young, cool vibe. I have to bring the m/l home to compare. My SA has been on vacay so I haven't been to store to pick up. It is true that the m/l is a more substantial bag with more visual impact. I am just not sure if this color will be something I still use in a few years and I am trying to spend my dollars wisely. My closet is more like a museum of stored and adored bags, Ha!:smile:
I totally hear you and had the same dilemma.... I ended up with a Mini instead of the M/L as I'm not sure how long can this blue and patent stay in style. Hence, rather spend $2400 instead of $4400....