Roxbury: faked yet??

carlottalyn

:)
O.G.
Apr 10, 2007
I need some serious help lol!!! There is a black bag at my local TJ Maxx that looks IDENTICAL to the Roxbury Chloe shown on the website, but there is no name on it anywhere. I have seriously searched that bag inside and out multiple times. The lining is hot pink, and it says "made in china." Other than that, no clue whatsoever! :shrugs: I asked a SA if she could find out the brand, and she just said that for the price ($50!) it wasn't real leather, but that the lining was well done. So, not much help. I'm not sure if it's a fake, or a Roxbury that has no nametag attached anymore and is very underpriced! Any help??? :confused1: I have it on hold for today while I try to figure this out, lol. Thanks!!! :smile:

Invisibletape

Apr 19, 2008
well if the bag is pretty i would get it can't go wrong. but if it doesn't have a tag. its just a look alike tj max and Ross are good for having them. sorry not much help

pinkshoulders

Dec 14, 2007
Alexandria, VA
My experience with Roxbury bags is that they are real leather. If you found something that is clearly not leather, it is probably not Roxbury.

Then again, for $50, if you really like it, does it matter?

carlottalyn

:)
O.G.
Apr 10, 2007
Thanks ladies. The thing is, I'm not sure if it is or isn't leather, I'm still not that great at distinguishing between real and fake lol...working on building up that skill. It's a patent, and feels a lot like a Roxbury that had been there a month or so ago, so I'm not sure. The SA just assumed it wasn't real because of the price. I think I might go there today and see if it's still there...why not? :P Thanks for your input!