Roxanne

1. Why is the Roxanne so an adorned handbag? I have not seen IRL so I do not know the quality of the bag. Please give details on this bag.

2. I had this bag but returned it - the leather is really very nice! It was just too large for me and kind of busy with all the buckles (although they were magnetic)...heavy too!

3. I have Mulberry's Roxanne in Chocolate brown and I love it. It looks very cool, very British, sort of weekend-in-the-country, if you know what I mean. Scarlett Johansen totes one around London in the film "Matchpoint," and she looks great.

The leather is thick and unlined and smells fabulous. I consider it a more casual bag, not tailored for work. Its very roomy and boxy, and it is kind of heavy.

Mulberry has a great web site where you can see pics, read more details, and order online. However, if you live in the states, you pay a hefty duty at Customs if you order one. They're also sold at Saks in the U.S., but they don't have many, from what I've seen...

4. they are heavy but i really love mine, i think they're very good quality and i agree with jill, i always feel my "cool" quotient goes up when i'm carrying one :shame:

p.s. they're also available in Barneys & Bergdorf Goodman in nyc

5. get the rosemary.... thats like a baby roxanne (correct me if i am wrong). i have a rosemary and it is just a perfect size.

6. I agree with jill and nycmom ... the leather is absolutely beautiful and it always make my outfits look more hip and edgy. I just really love the design, it has all these buckles yet it really is a simple bag. My DH was actually the one who picked it out ... he thought it was a cool bag!

7. ^^ I agree too. The Darwin leather is so perfect and just gets better with age. It is heavy though and I agree the Rosemary is the prefect compromise! It just feels really sturdy (in a good way!!) classy and iconic! But I am probably biased!!:biggrin:

8. I have one in apple green and the leather is lovely.
    Its a truely gorgeous bag with great quality leather.

9. For $1,200 cost of the Mulberry Roxanne, my husband said Scarlett Johanson better come with the bag. LOL

10. I am sure you can get a Roxanne for much, much less than that especially if you're in the States. A lot of stores have crazy sales on Mulberry. Check the Deals & Steals thread :smile:

11. Mulberry's are actually less expensive than many of the other high-end designer bags we discuss here...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice