Round & round the Mulberry....

Maple, no work thank goodness. We're off to the snow - boys & DH to ski & me to the spa!

Pheebs, I'm sure I'll like Antony. I'm all show, I love those head turning bags like the brightly coloured Mabels but I realise that it's no good having just those & not something practical as well.

I have always been anti messenger bags on me as I've always found them too big and bulky and that they distort my shape. However the small antony on lovehandbags actually looks great on the model as the strap is nice and wide and the bag looks quite streamline, so its all in balance iykwim!! Anyway sj I bet you really like him when you get him - also I'm hoping to go to nyc maybe sometime in May for my boyfriend's birthday (If I can save rather than spend...) so let us know how you and him get on stateside!! :woohoo:Have you gone for black because it's the most practical in terms of going with everything and colour transfer??

^^I think where I've gone wrong in the past is presuming I need a big messenger whereas the smaller ones actually look better as I'm 5ft 3ins.
I went for black because it fits with my wardrobe. I don't ever wear brown. I do have one choc bag but that was a complete aberration for me!
I liked the Somerset messenger in putty but didn't think it would work as well in the winter. My ski coat is black & I'm taking black boots & lots of black knitted dresses so the black Antony will work well. I'll zing it all up with some bright scarves.

Exactly me too - I've always tried on huge bulky ones which look ridiculous. I'm 5ft6 but have been expanding outwards lately so a huge bag on my hip does not look good :nogood: It sounds like it will look lovely with your outfits so I hope you love him!

^^I think where I've gone wrong in the past is presuming I need a big messenger whereas the smaller ones actually look better as I'm 5ft 3ins.

I think this is right :tup: DH has a chocolate Antony and I have never once felt the need to use it - it's just too small for my frame and I'm so used to these massive messengers looking proportionately OK on me.

Clearly it works for DH but he likes small bags for when he only needs to bring a few bits out with him.

I think the black Antony will work well for you. The brick was the larger size, wasn't it?

^^Yes it was & being bright, it just stood out even more. I've always thought I needed bigger bags to compensate for my bum but am having a re-think about that strategy!
I'll definitely do pics of the ocean Mabel when it finally arrives. Just heard my £300 voucher has arrived at Bicester so Mabel should be here Friday or Monday. Hurrah!

Yay, congrats - ocean mabel will be perfect for you! And black Antony sounds like a reasonable choice for a messenger, its cute, functional and easy to wear - he will be a great travel companion to the US.

SJ, can't wait to see the reveals of these two lovelies!!!! I have no fear about your Ocean Mabel getting the axe, but I do hope you love your Antony. It's such a great bag, I love mine in Oak. It's just the perfect little messenger, and I hope you're pleasantly surprised at how much fits into it. Sounds like you're getting all set for your trip stateside!!!! Looking forward to the reveals of your newest acquisitions! You go SJ!!!!!!!:yahoo: