which do you prefer?

• ROUGE THEATRE

• ROUGE VIF

Results are only viewable after voting.

beauxgoris

O.G.
Mar 17, 2006
HERE WE GO:

I've always wanted a early Balenciaga red - but never could track one down. I heard that the Rouge Vif color was going to be close to those early Balenciaga reds so I put myself on the waiting list for the deepest squishiest one they could find. I was sent a rouge vif city bag this past fall and thought it was beautiful - but at the time I was packing up to move. I packed my beautiful Rouge Vif away and then had 3 of the most hectic (but good) months of my life. Never once did I get a chance to use my Vif! : (

Fast forward to last week, I'm now settled and unpacked. I remember my Vif and also start reading a bunch of threads about the 2005 (which I always wanted but missed out on too) Rouge Theatre. A wonderful pf'er sold me her nearly new pristine Rouge Theatre City!! My dreams had come true :yahoo: :yahoo:

But now here I am with TWO red balenciaga bags. I'm not sure yet what I will do - but I wanted to share photo's and hear opinions from everyone!!!

EnjoY!

ROUGE VIF & ROUGE THEATRE:
DSC00821.jpg

ROUGE THEATRE ALONE:
DSC00818.jpg

ROUGE THEATRE ALONE:
DSC00819.jpg

ROUGE VIF ALONE:
DSC00826.jpg

ROUGE VIF ALONE:
DSC00828.jpg

ROUGE VIF & ROUGE THEATRE:
DSC00840.jpg

I love them both! But is there one that you gravitate towards more? One that you will wear more and/or that goes with your coloring more? If you don't think you'll use them both then I would sell the one that you love less.

--And I'll be happy to take the RV off your hands if you decide not to keep it!!:P

Wow! Thank you so much for the amazing pics! Your Rouge Theatre city is to-die-for! I know that some of the batches of rouge theatre had crinkley leather (my day bag did), but yours looks so squishy and soft.

Seeing them side-by-side like that makes me think rouge vif is definitely too bright for me.

I agree that both are standout bags. I, too, debated which one I liked more. I finally decided to get the Rouge Theater because the dark red would suit my style and tastes better. Of course, I would be happy to have both too!

I love both and just can't decide on one for you!! :roflmfao: Do you like bright colors or more neutrals? If you like bright, then go for rouge vif. If you like neutral, then go for rouge theatre. How's the leather on the rouge theatre by the way?

I have a rouge vif City and I too think it's a bit loud for my taste. I'm looking forward to the new "rouge" that's coming out in F/W 2007. I'm hoping the color is in between rouge vif and rouge theatre because if it is, I'm so trading in my rouge vif City for one!! :shame:

Rouge Theatre hands down!! I love 03 Red but 05 comes the closest. Mine looks AMAZING! I'll be getting a Vermillion Weekender soon so I can compare the 2 together (I Promise to post pics). Unfortunately the Weekender is not mine to keep :crybaby:

To me it's a question of the undertone. The Rouge Theatre has a strong blue undertone, while RV has an orange undertone. They're both gorgeous, but if you can't keep both think of which undertone you prefer (and how it goes with everything else in your closet).