rouge vif / rouge theatre city - retail price?

1. I know, I have NO business even looking at these because I'm on a serious ban. :crybaby:But I can't help myself!

I've been perusing the auctions for rouge theatre and rouge vif City bags on eBay. I noticed that several different sellers are claiming that retail price on these is $1680. Can this be right? As far as I know, the City is $1195 max (except for special editions like the pony hair). What am I missing?

2. ^^
    I may be completely wrong, but the retail is $1195. Awhile back US weekly had posted up a super high retail price for the city and my hunch is that these people took the retail price from there?

But I'm such a bal newb so I'm sure someone else will either correct me or possibly say my hunch may be along the right lines??

3. Here in England the city is £735 (about $1400) so maybe they live in the uk:shrugs:

4. The city is $1195 & not $1680. :yes:

5. Maybe it's in canadian dollars or converted from Euros or GBP. Because I think it's more expensive in those countries, but the retail is only $1195. Although I saw some posts that said they might go up by $100, or maybe that's just the giant collection...

6. the retail price is $1195 in foreign countries it's slightly higher but when a bag shows up on eBay from previous seasons the demand goes way up, which people are willing to pay over retail for their dream bag

7. :yes: I understand about why people pay more than retail (I've done it myself), but these sellers are specifically claiming that retail is $1680. Weird! I wondered if it was maybe Canadian or Australian $, but they are US-based auctions. I guess it's just BS, like so much of eBay...

8. Thank you jadecee! :flowers: tPF is such an amazing informational source!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice