rouge vif city search

Glimmer said:
NM Houston doesn't carry Balenciaga.

Pink, did BalNY actually tell you they won't put you on the list? I'd be surprised as I think typically MANY people pass up their bags. I'd think they'd at least humor you!

What about Barney's? Does anyone know what/when/if they're getting?

My SA from Houston NM told me they are going to carry Balenciage bags next spring.

it's funny... while smaller boutiques and jeffrey's seem to be phasing out their moto bags, big chains like saks and neiman marcus seem to be phasing IN. when i was at nm in san francisco, they had an entire section dedicated to the balenciaga moto bags. there were soooo many, in so many different colours!

pinkpirate said:
my SA said in about 2-3 weeks (?!?!?!)... and that the blue/grey will be coming even later than that.

2-3 weeks?!?Ackkkk!!! :crybaby: That's so long...I wonder why they are the last ones to get the vif city bags?!?

Thanks for the info, pinkpirate!:flowers:

^^That doesn't make sense to me either? Shouldn't BNY get the bags first since they're made by them - and then dept. stores and boutiques get the bags second?
I'm glad I had the dumb luck to order from NM.

Don't worry though Ladies! It will be totally worth the wait - I promise!!!

Hey Girls! I just recieved a pdf from Aloha Rag with their current inventory, if anyone is interested. They don't have the City in Rouge Vif, but they do have the Work, the First and the Twiggy.

it does sound odd to me. the boutique keeps saying that its taking a long time because "france is on vacation"... which is kind of true, but it's not that extreme! paris is obviously not completely shut down as another tpfer from paris just got their bag from printemps (and had a large amt of rouge city stock to choose from apparently!). furthermore, the bags aren't even made in france!
i remember last year i was waiting on the rouge theatre at the balenciaga boutique and it was literally the day i left for paris that i got the call... and that was like september 1st or something like that... although i don't remember if RT was a prefall or fall colour.
maybe she just quoted me a longer time frame so i wouldn't get impatient

a bit off topic but i saw a rouge vif city at Twst, World Trade Centre today...it has the most gorgeous leather..all smooshy and not at all veiny. Too bad i'm short on cash...it was selling for USD 1112.00

yay for getting ur city, PinkPirate!!

justwhisper said:
it seems like everyone is getting the bag except for us who order from bal ny =(

toilet duck: what is twst? i'm so very tempted to call and buy it from there instead of balny!!

oops! it's a typo..Twist. It's in Hong Kong tho.

Irissy said:
Yayyy PinkPirate!! :yahoo: They're getting 80 now? So that means I still have some hope! :nuts::wlae:

Irissy, you can totally still get one at balNY! I just got off the phone with Daphne and she said their waitlist is still open and they are getting plenty of them in. She said they heard they will arrive in a couple of weeks. :yes:

Pupsterpurse said:
Irissy, you can totally still get one at balNY! I just got off the phone with Daphne and she said their waitlist is still open and they are getting plenty of them in. She said they heard they will arrive in a couple of weeks. :yes:

Thanks babe! :nuts: I'll call them tomorrow. :wlae: