Rouge H Sad Reveal

ankada

Feb 19, 2010
I've never done a reveal and feel sorry to share not a happy one. I just bought my dream bag on hermes.com. I always wanted a GP in RougeH, but was concerned about dramatic corner wear some people reported few years back, and also I did not care for the white stitching. So imagine my delight to finally see a RougeH GP without the white stitching and in Vache Country (not Negonda) leather fresh on the Hermes website. I bought it in a heartbeat, hoping that they’ve already fixed whatever the problem was with RougeH Negonda GPs. My bag finally arrived and it is beautiful. Imagine my surprise when I found same bright red spots on one of the corners, which were reported in this thread 5 years ago: http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes/problem-with-hermes-leather-705319.html And my GP is never been used, it’s brand new from hermes.com!

I am torn as I wanted this bag for so long and I really love it, but I am afraid of that excessive wear. I checked all the RougeH GPs on eBay and found that almost all of them have these bright red peeled spots all over them, not just on corners. Is it inevitable for the RougeH GPs and I should just not care and enjoy my bag; or should I return it and forget about the RougeH GP? Thank you.

P.S. English isn’t my first language, so please excuse any mistakes.

Attachments

• IMG_1727_50.jpg
    IMG_1727_50.jpg
    274.4 KB · Views: 2,563
  • IMG_1731_50.jpg
    IMG_1731_50.jpg
    173.3 KB · Views: 2,557
  • IMG_1733_50.jpg
    IMG_1733_50.jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 2,569
Last edited:
Return since the bag should make you happy, not sad. The spots would bother me too and are imo unacceptable on a brand new bag. H should not have sold the bag in that condition.

Is there another red you like that you could get instead? This season there is rouge grenat, which not as bright as many other reds. Not sure if it comes in a GP though

Lovely bag, but it should be pristine when bought new

Those red marks look like grazing, and it should never have been sent out like that. If an SA finds a bag like that in-store they are forbidden from selling it.

So sorry you have had this experience ankara. Rouge and a GP are HGs for a lot of us and to finally find your's and forbit to have defects is a major disillusion. Do you have a local Hermes where you can ask for advice? Wondering if it would be possible to get a replacement and have it sent to the store where you can inspect the bag before accepting delivery.

Amazing that Hermes has not fixed an long standing defect. How can this be possible?

Agree with others here. Return the bag, explain the problem to them so they can be more careful of their quality control in the future.

If all Rouge GPs do this, I would recommend avoiding the bag. Otherwise you will not be able to relax and carry it naturally, but instead, you will worry about damage all the time.

The fun is, you can now look and rediscover a new bag to love.

I've seen Rouge H GPs without contrast stitch that aren't peeled - check the reference sections. I couldn't tell you if it's a leather issue. I am sure there's an owner of a Rouge H GP out there who can advise - maybe you can have the mods change your thread title.

I would return the bag - GPs are not hard to find - and would NOT give up on the dream. (I am biased as Rouge H is by far my favorite color :P).
Can you return an H.com purchase to a store? If so you might get a sympathetic SA who will look for a replacement for you.

Thank you, Ladies, for all of your replies. I do think now that I should return it back to hermes.com, which is sad as I love this bag to pieces :crybaby: Would you please help me with wording how to describe the problem to them, so they can finally fix it? Should I say: “The leather is grazing/peeling/flaking off on one of the corners”? I don’t want them to think that I wore it and caused damage. I received it just 3 days ago and all I did was gazing at it :loveeyes:

I could call H.com customer service & explain to them about the spots on the bag. Maybe ask them if you exchange it for a new one. Please keep us posted. Good luck!

I could call H.com customer service & explain to them about the spots on the bag. Maybe ask them if you exchange it for a new one. Please keep us posted. Good luck!

Thank you for your kind offer. I decided to return it back to H.com for refund, since I don’t think it would be wise to order another GP in Rough H until they fix the ongoing issue with this bag. After a long discussion with my DH on how to correctly describe the defect, I wrote in the return notice this: “There is a defect with the leather on one corner of the bag where the color was not applied properly, revealing small bright red spots underneath the brick red Rouge H”. Because it is not really grazing or peeling/flaking off the leather, there is no rub marks or any kind of damage to the leather…I am not sure if it’s obvious on my pictures, but those bright red spots are covered with the color, it’s just much thinner than the rest of the bag, almost transparent, but it’sthere. I think if a craftsman see this, he would know what went wrong in the process…I just don’t understand why they do nothing to fix it.

Thank you, Ladies, for your support. I will let you know how it went with the return to H.com.