Rouge H Kelly Retourne....Clemence?

Hi, I would greatly appreciate some insight from the Hermes experts! I have been offered a Kelly Retourne in Clemence leather - rouge h with silver - 32. Rouge H is my favorite colour and my dream bag is a rouge H box Kelly Sellier. I own a marine blue box Sellier and adore the bag! My question is whether Clemence leather will slouch over time and distort the shape of the bag? I love Rouge H and am torn between waiting for my dream box Kelly or accepting the Clemence Retourne! Suggestions needed please! Many thanks

The bag you described (retourne, clemence) will slouch over time, that is just the nature of it! I personally love clemence and I like having different bags with different leathers for various occasions. To me, having a clemence retourne kelly is a nice contrast to your blue box kelly that you can use for more casual weekend outings - i love the pop colors for weekends. but if you are absolutely set on having more rigid H bags then this bag is probably not for you; don't settle!

A Rouge H Kelly in Clemence with PHW is gorgeous, but it is a completely different bag to a Rouge H box sellier. I have the latter - a K28 sellier in RH box calf - and it's absolutely beautiful, but the bag you are talking about is so different in shape, vibe, and usage that I'd want both (and in fact will get a Rouge H Kelly in a softer leather some day soon).

The shape and structure you are looking for in a sellier will not exist in a retourné, not even close, except in a fairly rigid leather like box calf. If you do not like slouch I would stay away from Clemence overall.

It is possible to find the bag you describe (K32, seller, Rouge H box) in the pre-loved/vintage market reasonably quickly if you are OK with that. It will probably have GHW but that bag looks best with GHW IMO.

I still think you've been offered an amazing bag but it WILL slouch and two Rouge H Kellys is overkill for most, so I would hold out.

Good luck!!!

I have a rouge H clemence kelly 35 phw and I love it. Casual and dressy. Mine hasn't slouched much, but as others have said, it will have a totally different look to a sellier in a rigid leather.

Good luck with what you decide :0

I'm with QuelleFromage. A retourne is a totally different look than a sellier. It's more casual, relaxed and modern while a sellier is more classic and sophisticated. If you're looking for a Kelly with a different vibe than what you already have then go for it. You'll get so much use out of a retourne. But if you have your heart set on a sellier box and don't think you'll be able to stop wanting it even after you get a retourne then I'd suggest you wait. Have you gone in to see it and try it on? You'll know when you see her. G'luck deciding.

imo you should always wait for the bag you dream of, especially at this price point. but the bag they are offering you is my dream bag, lol (though i think i would prefer gold hardware on rouge H)!

will definitely slouch over time with use. its best to see the bag for yourself and decide if you like the colour first of all...new rouge h in clemence vs new rouge h in boxcalf v vintage rouge h in boxcalf can be very different colours! i have seen some very brown rouge h in recent years in togo, clemence and boxcalf.....the older/vintage rouge h in boxcalf definitely has more red than the recent crop i have seen!

will definitely slouch over time with use. its best to see the bag for yourself and decide if you like the colour first of all...new rouge h in clemence vs new rouge h in boxcalf v vintage rouge h in boxcalf can be very different colours! i have seen some very brown rouge h in recent years in togo, clemence and boxcalf.....the older/vintage rouge h in boxcalf definitely has more red than the recent crop i have seen!
This is very true, another reason why I prefer Rouge H box in vintage, although I just saw a new Evelyne in RH Clemence and it looked like classic Rouge H. You need to see the colour.

I have the same combi n LOVE it... Like everyone else says its v different from a sellier so if that is what you are looking for pls wait... I am a fan of both styles and love a retourne clemence/togo Kelly exactly because it slouches looks casual and chic! Plus rouge H goes with everything....

They wouldn't hold the bag so I rushed to the store and bought it, the salesperson said is refundable for two weeks. The colour is gorgeous, seems a nicer colour than the rouge h in box....am just not used to Clemence, it's so different from my box Kelly which I think I prefer as a style, don't own a Retourne though! The colour is beautiful though......keep or return!??!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 983
Reactions: holdmystars
They wouldn't hold the bag so I rushed to the store and bought it, the salesperson said is refundable for two weeks. The colour is gorgeous, seems a nicer colour than the rouge h in box....am just not used to Clemence, it's so different from my box Kelly which I think I prefer as a style, don't own a Retourne though! The colour is beautiful though......keep or return!??!

In daylight!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 781